Skip Navigation

New ProBoards v6 update

Vu1canF0rce Avatar
Vu1canF0rce GB Gamer ***

Post by Vu1canF0rce on May 9, 2022 20:06:32 GMT -7

Well, it's been a long time since I've posted here (sorry all, been crazy times). However, I got a noti on main PB that they're gettin closer to their release date for v6 beta. Catch all the cool, good news here.

For me, I have a history back to late v2/early v3 with ProBoards so each iteration gets more awesome than the last. Lots of quality of life improvements on the way it seems on the backend for things like administration and management, as well as some cool end-user modernizations like support better in-post links to things like Reddit or TikTok.

I'm interested to see what becomes of this new version (and hopefully they don't take multiple years for v6.5 or v7 like they did this time).

What are you most excited for?
Andrew
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on May 17, 2022 7:03:02 GMT -7

Welcome back Vulcan, good to see you. I'm excited for PBv6, however, I burnt myself out being hopeful it would release much sooner. I look forward to better integration with a modern backbone. I also look forward to working with on the new version of GB theme I'm sure she'll eventually have prepared for us! <3
Last edited May 17, 2022 7:04:12 GMT -7 by Jon
Vu1canF0rce Avatar
Vu1canF0rce GB Gamer ***

Post by Vu1canF0rce on May 29, 2022 15:43:42 GMT -7

Jon Avatar
Welcome back Vulcan, good to see you. I'm excited for PBv6, however, I burnt myself out being hopeful it would release much sooner. I look forward to better integration with a modern backbone. I also look forward to working with on the new version of GB theme I'm sure she'll eventually have prepared for us! <3

Indeed. This is sadly the worst delayed version I've ever seen. PBv5 and v5.5 were sort of slow, but nowhere as horrible as v6 is. They hyped it way too soon. I'd say with following their Trello, they should have started the marketing hype around January of this year, but hey who am I to say. lol
Andrew