Skip Navigation

[PS4] Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Jul 30, 2020 17:47:47 GMT -7

Fixed my brother's PS4 controllers which he managed to break while at school. New charging port and trigger spring replacements.  
Anyway, with the console playable again I reDownloaded the N.Sane Trilogy to indulge in some nostalgia. 
Crash Warped was the first Crash Bandicoot game I had played; and was actually among the first video games I had ever played, on my Uncle's PlayStation back in the day. So when the download for the N.Sane Trilogy was complete I was extraordinarily disappointed to discover that ONLY the 1st game was installed and that the 2nd and 3rd games install as a 30gb patch; actually it's really cool that they let you play the first game while the other 2 are downloading HOWEVER I only downloaded this on the impulsive desire to play the 3rd, it would be even cooler if they let you choose which game to install first, but I do really like the idea of this buffered install. 
Played a few hours of the first game, which I had never played before; it's okay, I will revisit again someday. I believe I played the 2nd game once at a childhood friend's house, and it too will eventually be explored.

Warped was eventually installed. Breezed through the initial playthrough. Collect most of the clear gems. Do a bunch of time trials. Revisit the levels with access to Easter Egg levels, clear those hidden maps. Before I know it I'm returning to try to get gold on each time trial, that was hairy at times but I managed. Beat the final boss again for the alternate ending, shoot the "impostor crash" in the background of level 1 and check my Trophy List:
-Platinum 
--Collect 99 Lives
In my assorted gem collecting and relic hunting I had never bothered to stockpile a max life stack, do a victory lap through World 1 to collect those lives.

Platinum trophy but still missing 2 gems?? DLC maybe? 
Indeed, free DLC, the BEST kind. Run through the DLC map and collect NEITHER gem? Time trial unlocked at least I suppose.
Enter again and discover a death path, required for BOTH gems. Truly a brutal piece of content, several precise jumps required in a short amount of time with little margin for error IF you are to collect all of the crates. A worthy final level. Pickup both dlc trophies and with that I have 100% of the Crash Warped trophies. Did this distributed over the course of about 5 days, I will play the 1st and 2nd games eventually but not just yet, gotta do something else for a while.
Last edited Jul 30, 2020 17:48:09 GMT -7 by Nergal