Xbox Series X

Kaynil Avatar
Kaynil GB Newbie *

Post by Kaynil on Jan 14, 2020 7:50:45 GMT -7

I didn't see a thread dedicated to the newest Xbox so I thought it would be a good idea to talk about it.

If you're like me and missed the reveal, here's the video Microsoft got in their website:

So, how are you feeling about the console and the possible games that might come for it?

I know there were memes because of its tall shape, haha.
Do you think you'd be able to fit it alright in your living room?

Something I am really going for is that backwards compatibility with all their past consoles. If it works like they are making it sounds, I'm in. I'll get the X-building.
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****

Post by GamingLyfe on Jan 16, 2020 16:09:03 GMT -7

I'm excited to see what kind of graphical improvements will come with the next generation of gaming consoles. It's hard to imagine better than we already get. I feel like VR will be the next big thing in gaming, so I will likely purchase a VR headset if I happen to buy the Xbox Series X since it's said to be the most compatible VR console to date.
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
Vu1canF0rce Avatar
Vu1canF0rce GB Gamer ***

Post by Vu1canF0rce on Jan 25, 2020 10:09:22 GMT -7

I am excited for it. I'm also hesitant because I used to buy consoles (both Microsoft and Sony) on release day or right around it, but I was a whole year or so behind getting my Xbox One X and I never got the PS4. Perhaps it was just bad timing for me this generation of consoles, but maybe I'll be able to pick this one up when it comes out. I love Xbox and I have had the ability to beta test their new Project xCloud. That's a pretty powerful thing to play a 4k game on 4G signal. I know this isn't 100% related but the behind-the-scenes advancements is what I'm getting at. If they can do something like xCloud then the next Xbox is going to skyrocket features and functionality into a whole new realm we can't necessarily fathom.
What I mean by this is that I've always said that video games are increasingly looking like movies (think more like Avatar for now). There will eventually come a point in time where you won't know if you're watching a movie cutscene or the game is actually waiting on you to take over. I think the new console will either get us there or set the groundwork for it.
Andrew