Call of Duty Modern Warfare (2019)

Vu1canF0rce Avatar
Vu1canF0rce GB Gamer ***

Post by Vu1canF0rce on Dec 21, 2019 19:08:06 GMT -7

Anyone else playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare (2019)? When the CoD, Medal of Honor, and Battlefield games came out way back when, for whatever reason back then I went with and stuck with the Battlefield franchise. It wasn't until this year when some coworkers were hyping up for COD MW that I said I would "give it a try" (with an apprehensive sigh). I have to say that without a shadow of a doubt this game trumps all of the Battlefield games I've played over th years. Obviously this first point kicks in the obvious "duh" because of when it came out, but the graphics are so realistic and believable. The story/campaign, albeit medium-length, was very immersive and felt like a brief version of a military movie, and you got to know the characters through it as well.
All in all I was impressed with this game and have loved it, including the flaws it has here and there ... but all games have them. I think the game was better before the Battle Pass ("paid content" store) because it felt more original, but now it feels like that's the only direction they'll go. I don't mind as much but that's a side-quirk.

I know there are a majority of PC gamers here, but what are your thoughts if you have and play it (even on PC)? BTW I play this game on XboxOneX with Keyboard and mouse so I'm only half a console pleb.  :D
Andrew
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****

Post by GamingLyfe on Dec 24, 2019 6:03:43 GMT -7

I've heard quite a bit about this game, it seems to be quite popular. I haven't played it yet but I will soon enough I'm sure. Call of Duty has been evolving like crazy over the years. I was a huge Medal of Honor fan back when Allied Assault was released in 2002 and Battlefield 1942 had me hooked on BF ever since.
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
Vu1canF0rce Avatar
Vu1canF0rce GB Gamer ***

Post by Vu1canF0rce on Jan 25, 2020 10:13:36 GMT -7

GamingLyfe Avatar
I've heard quite a bit about this game, it seems to be quite popular. I haven't played it yet but I will soon enough I'm sure. Call of Duty has been evolving like crazy over the years. I was a huge Medal of Honor fan back when Allied Assault was released in 2002 and Battlefield 1942 had me hooked on BF ever since.

Yeah, I played all of the Medal of Honor games on PlayStation 2 (Rising Sun, Allied Assault, and a few more I can't remember). They were fun and all but forgettable. Battlefield, I think, is what hooked me with their first attempt at destruction (1.0) in Bad Company 2 and then FROST destruction 2.0 in Battlefield 3. Then I didn't care for BF4, Hardline, or One. Call of Duty MW is what brought me back into the war game realm. As I type this, I'm getting back on for the first time in a few weeks (just been busy with home and school stuff) and there's a huge, huge 30G update, so we'll see what's in store!
Andrew
Dave Avatar
Dave GB Newbie *

Post by Dave on Feb 1, 2020 13:29:37 GMT -7

Im not sure what has happened recently but they seem to have made a complete mess of the spawning system again.

Lately i have been playing various hardcore modes with the guys from work and its just insane!

You literally spawn anywere and everywhere and then you instantly get shot and die lol

Come check us out at the Movie Center