Skip Navigation
M3RCILESS Clan Mascot

"Weekly" M3rciless Events Discussion and Feedback

DiscussionQuestion
Cheeserules8 Avatar
Cheeserules8 GB Gamer ***

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 28, 2019 9:14:15 GMT -7

Hello M3rciless!

I'm making this thread because I want to see us do more events more often as a clan. While I would like to see more weekly events it would be cool to see some monthly and even daily stuff as well. I believe we are a fun and creative bunch and can come up with some really fun events to do. They can be fun, they can be silly, they can be serious, they can be competitive, they can be used to recruit, they can be whatever you want them to be. But first we have to make them be.

So let's get thinking, lets get creating, lets get to having fun as a clan.
Last edited May 30, 2019 20:09:31 GMT -7 by Cheeserules8
Cheeserules8 Avatar
Cheeserules8 Avatar
Cheeserules8 Avatar
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 28, 2019 9:43:16 GMT -7

Here are a few events that I've done before

Hide and Seek we have done this before, it's been a lot of fun, I'm sure that we can also put our own M3rciless spin on this to change it up and make it more fun and exciting.

Friday Funnies This is something that I did in a clan years and years ago but the basic idea was that every Friday we would do something derpy, different and fun. It could be something like bossing or pking in chicken outfits or lighting the ge on fire or whatever. Cosmetic rings are also very popular for this.

Vex Tag This is pretty much like tag, if you are it you have to run around with your vex out saying ask me about my clan until they receive your trade request in their chat then they are it. This can be a lot of fun if you limit it to a specific area.

Minigames Yes we all know they are dead, but hear me out. A lot of the minigames have requirements for comp/trimmed comp/ master quest/ area tasks etc etc. Also a lot of the minigames now give skilling outfits as rewards that make training skills easier, faster and cheaper. So why not grab some clannies, do some minigames, recruit some new friends and give yourself an advantage to faster and cheaper skilling. Plus how many weeks have you forgot to do your Tears of Guthix?

Bossing/Dungeoneering/Elite Dungeons A lot of people ask to do this stuff in the clan chat every day which is great to see! But sometimes its hard to schedule things out or do things spur of the moment. So hopefully if we have a set time every week it we can be better coordinated.

Scavenger Hunt This one can be a lot of fun. The way I've seen it done before is that every week whoever wants to play joins the discord voice chat. Once in the voice chat you will be told the name of a store and a item you must buy from there. Once the screenshot of you buying the item from that store is posted here on gaming boards you will be told the next store and item. The first person to post all the screen shots and make it to the finish line wins.

Discord Karoke Yup you read that right! Play your favorite song and sing it to the world! Or just us, but hey everyone has to start somewhere right?

Drop Party/Treasure Trails Hosting drop parties is always fun, I've also been in races to see who can complete clue scrolls the fastest which can also be a ton of fun.

House Parties/Open Houses I remember when construction came out house parties used to be a huge thing so let's bring them back We all spend TONS of money on our Player Owned Houses so let's show them off. They can also be a really fun and easy recruiting tool as well if you do it in a open altar world and open your house to people who need a guilded altar.
Last edited May 28, 2019 9:45:32 GMT -7 by Cheeserules8
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on May 28, 2019 11:12:24 GMT -7

You've already mentioned many of the great ideas I was thinking of . We could do fun things like a mass of people using cosmetic rings, emotes, costumes, etc. It would be a fun way to advertise our RuneScape clan M3RCILESS and promote member engagement, meet and greets and such. I'm looking forward to the Friday Funnies. :P

EDIT: Burthorpe Games Room!

Last edited May 28, 2019 21:24:17 GMT -7 by Jon
Cheeserules8 Avatar
zipzop23 Avatar
zipzop23 GB Newbie *

Post by zipzop23 on May 29, 2019 19:57:06 GMT -7

Ive never been part of an event so I think any of the above would be a fun way to meet a lot of the clan. Have you considered maybe trying a weekly or monthly XP challenge? Pick a skill for that time and the first, second, and third places for most XP gathered get a prize. Or maybe something involving getting a 99. As a member of the clan who has gotten six 99's in about the last six months here, there could be a way to spotlight those making those achievements!
elegantenvy Avatar
elegantenvy GB Newbie *
Deleted Avatar
Deleted
Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****
Last edited May 30, 2019 11:27:38 GMT -7 by Lanbo
sig
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
KuzumiBoo Avatar
KuzumiBoo GB Regular **
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 31, 2019 0:08:26 GMT -7

Don't feel bad at all! That's part of why I wanted to get events like this going. It allows us to use our strengths to help others, and also improve on our weaknesses. For example you might not be good at a minigame or something that I'm great at. But when we go bossing I guarantee that it will be the opposite.
M3RCILESS on RuneClan