DiscussionXBOX
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****
Last edited Jan 9, 2008 18:20:05 GMT -7 by Jon
Deleted Avatar
Deleted
XBL Help Posted Jan 9, 2008 18:32:06 GMT -7

Post by Deleted on Jan 9, 2008 18:32:06 GMT -7

I would just like to point out that Xbox Live has been acting funny due to the increase of Population from Christmas. They will hopefully fix it soon. Xbox Live will release a free Xbox Live arcade game near in the future to apologize for the issue.
vampyrehex Avatar
vampyrehex GB Newbie *
XBL Help Posted Jan 9, 2008 18:39:59 GMT -7

Post by vampyrehex on Jan 9, 2008 18:39:59 GMT -7

The increase in population is not the reason for the XBox Live service to be poor but it was the fact that the XBox servers were hacked into and for the inconvenience of all users and gamers in our server, Microsoft has agreed to give us an arcade game free of charge of their choice. More information on this to be anounced.
Deleted Avatar
Deleted
XBL Help Posted Jan 9, 2008 18:42:38 GMT -7

Post by Deleted on Jan 9, 2008 18:42:38 GMT -7

Really? 0_0 I was being told it was because they had too many people join and they had a lack of servers or somethin...I guess ill check the official site.
vampyrehex Avatar
vampyrehex GB Newbie *
XBL Help Posted Jan 9, 2008 18:46:54 GMT -7

Post by vampyrehex on Jan 9, 2008 18:46:54 GMT -7

Haha. Many thought so HaloZwrath. Microsoft was trying to cover up the fact that they were hacked. Many people wouldn't like that idea and might feel that their information was open to the hacker. But surely everything will be resolved soon. I am on your msn if you had forgotten. We should play on XBL sometime.
Deleted Avatar
Deleted
XBL Help Posted Jan 9, 2008 18:53:25 GMT -7

Post by Deleted on Jan 9, 2008 18:53:25 GMT -7

I kinda suspected it wasn't because of a population boost...wasn't for sure though.

O yea we haven't talked or played recently have we? We should team up on Halo 3 and kick some butt lol
Demarco Avatar
Demarco GB Newbie *

Deleted Avatar
Deleted
XBL Help Posted Jan 9, 2008 23:49:56 GMT -7

Post by Deleted on Jan 9, 2008 23:49:56 GMT -7

There is a free "silver account" but you cant play games with anyone...I believe you can only message people and have friends....dont take my word for it because ive always had a "Gold Account"
vampyrehex Avatar
vampyrehex GB Newbie *
XBL Help Posted Jan 10, 2008 5:10:34 GMT -7

Post by vampyrehex on Jan 10, 2008 5:10:34 GMT -7

Yes XBL is solely pvp as most games have some sort of matchmaking system to play against other players but sometimes games allow you to play through the single-player story with friends and players from XBL. It, in my opinion, is the best gaming experience I have ever witnessed.
vampyrehex Avatar
vampyrehex GB Newbie *
XBL Help Posted Jan 10, 2008 5:12:39 GMT -7

Post by vampyrehex on Jan 10, 2008 5:12:39 GMT -7

Actually with the Silver account you are able to play games on XBL but the games you are entitled to play are very limited. Halo 3 is not playable with a Silver account.
Deleted Avatar
Deleted
XBL Help Posted Jan 10, 2008 13:07:39 GMT -7

Post by Deleted on Jan 10, 2008 13:07:39 GMT -7

saintbubble said:
vampyrehex said:
Yes XBL is solely pvp as most games have some sort of matchmaking system to play against other players but sometimes games allow you to play through the single-player story with friends and players from XBL. It, in my opinion, is the best gaming experience I have ever witnessed.

that is because you never played a Wii yet =) But if you have as of right now they only have a hand full of games that are actually really fun, that is because all the games they have out right now are considered to be games that were made to get people used to the wii and its controls before releasing games like SSBB(Super Smash Brothers Brawl) which although you can use the normal gamecube controller, people might want yto use the wii remote. As well as this game there are about 10 other games that people are waiting for that are really going to make the Wii more fun to use rather then oh *moves pointer on tv by waving my hand* =) anyways xbl is okay i dont like it that much it gets old and the whole $50 a year thing, where as nintendo makes it free...and on the wii you can go on almost any website without it having some problem with something on the page for only $5 1 time fee.

WII > XBOX360+XBL

owned lol

anyway since this is the help section i guess i do need to help someone soooo

in case your xbl isnt working make sure all your cords are plugged in properly and that you do have internet either wireless or wired..lol...and if wireless you need the special $99 adapter. other than that have fun lol

Just thought I'd tell ya Bubble that im getting a Wii hopefully this Sunday :P...oh and that wireless thing for Xbox Live is not to good I would only recommend it if you absolutely have to >_>
Chrizo Avatar
Chrizo GB Pro *****
vampyrehex Avatar
vampyrehex GB Newbie *
XBL Help Posted Jan 10, 2008 16:35:12 GMT -7

Post by vampyrehex on Jan 10, 2008 16:35:12 GMT -7

haloguy2 said:
saintbubble said:

that is because you never played a Wii yet =) But if you have as of right now they only have a hand full of games that are actually really fun, that is because all the games they have out right now are considered to be games that were made to get people used to the wii and its controls before releasing games like SSBB(Super Smash Brothers Brawl) which although you can use the normal gamecube controller, people might want yto use the wii remote. As well as this game there are about 10 other games that people are waiting for that are really going to make the Wii more fun to use rather then oh *moves pointer on tv by waving my hand* =) anyways xbl is okay i dont like it that much it gets old and the whole $50 a year thing, where as nintendo makes it free...and on the wii you can go on almost any website without it having some problem with something on the page for only $5 1 time fee.

WII > XBOX360+XBL

owned lol

anyway since this is the help section i guess i do need to help someone soooo

in case your xbl isnt working make sure all your cords are plugged in properly and that you do have internet either wireless or wired..lol...and if wireless you need the special $99 adapter. other than that have fun lol

The Nintendo connsoles are focused mainly around a younger audience for a more laid back gaming experience whereas the gaming centered around XBox Live is more intense and centered around a more adult age group. You do have to pay but it is worth every penny if you enjoy the intense, competitive, and widespread environments the many XBox Live games throw you into.

And I have the 360 wireless bridge and i rarely have any lag or connection problems; often times I have the best connection.
saturn Avatar
saturn GB Gamer ***
XBL Help Posted Jan 10, 2008 18:01:02 GMT -7

Post by saturn on Jan 10, 2008 18:01:02 GMT -7

the wireless is a great thing to have if you are unable to bring your 360 into the place where your router/wireless internet connection is. i used to have a cable thingy but too many people tripped on it :\
Last edited Jan 10, 2008 18:05:26 GMT -7 by saturn
pie of wrath Avatar
pie of wrath GB Gamer ***
XBL Help Posted Jan 10, 2008 20:59:22 GMT -7

Post by pie of wrath on Jan 10, 2008 20:59:22 GMT -7

"gold" accounts ftw! vamp..were you the hacker? LOL halo you are sucha liar...you told me it was a pop boost....not vamp hacking it...

And i agree...wii's ar for "families" and littler tikes...and those who need exercise..i get mine from jumping on the xbox tho
Last edited Jan 10, 2008 21:01:07 GMT -7 by pie of wrath