New AMD Zen 2 Processors

Vu1canF0rce Avatar
Vu1canF0rce GB Gamer ***

Post by Vu1canF0rce on Jun 30, 2019 20:47:52 GMT -7

If you're an AMD fan, odds are you've probably heard about the latest generation of their processors (CPUs) called the Zen 2, that were showcased at 2019 CES. Zen 2 is the successor to the Zen and Zen+ (1000 and 2000 series respectively).

I only bring this up because I'm currently (and finally!) getting around to building my long overdue new PC, pieces at a time though. When I was first researching what CPU I wanted, Intel vs AMD, I decided to stick with AMD which is what I was using in my last custom-build PC. Coming up on July 7th the Zen 2 line will be available for sale which should make the CPU I want drop in price a bit. I'm looking at getting the Ryzen 7 2700X. It's moderately pricey now but I'm hoping that timing works perfectly and AMD and their retailer outlets will push down the pricing structure for the Zen and Zen+ lines.

Anyone else getting a new computer and thinking about a new chip?
Andrew
Peach Cactus
Vu1canF0rce Avatar
Vu1canF0rce GB Gamer ***

Post by Vu1canF0rce on Jul 3, 2019 22:28:30 GMT -7

Further to the point of a "new PC", Nvidia just recently dropped some news that they were creating a "super" line of their 2060, 2070, and 2080 graphics cards. I was planning on getting the 2060 but am going to get the 2060 Super since it'll be more or less on-par with the vanilla 2070.
Last edited Jul 3, 2019 22:28:47 GMT -7 by Vu1canF0rce
Andrew
Peach Cactus
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!