What Remains of Edith Finch

Review
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on May 17, 2019 9:55:01 GMT -7

I was surfing through the PlayStation store a few nights ago and stumbled upon 'What Remains of Edith Finch', the game was regular $26.99(CAD), however, it was being offered for free to PlayStation Plus members. I decided to give it a shot, what did I have to lose? After firing this game up I wasn't sure what to expect, although, my hopes weren't exactly high for something being offered for free.

The game starts off with a young lady on a boat, she's traveling to an old house that her family had abandoned some years ago. She had lived there as a child and wanted to explore the house for answers regarding her family that had since passed on. Upon arrival, you're a short distance from the house and begin walking towards it as she begins her story. You'll be guided through the forest and into the home, exploring each room as you're overtaken by an addictive story. The graphics are beautiful and the gameplay is simple yet rewarding in a way that you actually feel as if you're apart of the story and actually present in the abandoned home of Edith Finch.

If you love a good story that's entertaining for the whole family, I highly suggest giving 'What Remains of Edith Finch' a chance, it's an extremely unique approach to the genre and a brilliant creation.

Last edited May 17, 2019 12:38:02 GMT -7 by Jon
Kaynil Avatar
Kaynil GB Newbie *

Post by Kaynil on Nov 1, 2019 7:13:48 GMT -7

I saw a friend play this game since he got it for free on that month for the PlayStation Plus subscription on his PS4. The game was better than expected and I enjoyed seeing how the game made you learn of different relatives. Some of them really stuck with me and that was just from glancing and sitting to watch from time to time.

I definitely would like to give this game a go, if possible.

I think the PS4 monthly free offers have been surprisingly good, at least for the past few months.