Global MuOnline won't load(2019 WORK AROUND)

Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on May 17, 2019 7:44:13 GMT -7

I'm having trouble running the Global MuOnline client, once I run the Mu.exe or Main.exe files, I'm prompted with this error. I have heard that it's a problem with NVIDIA G-Sync, resolution, or refresh rate, however, I have run Mu perfectly fine on this same laptop in the past. This error seems to be related to Intel-powered machines.

Error Below

---------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:

I have played MuOnline on this laptop in the past, it's an Asus ROG 752VL laptop running Windows 10, 1920x1080 res(native) with 75Hz refresh rate.
I have tried disabling my AV, and Firewall(s).
My graphics driver is up to date.
I have run my computer with all other services disabled, still no luck.
I have uninstalled the game, downloaded a fresh copy, and reinstalled, no luck. (even without AV/protection software)
I have tried compatibility settings.
I have tried administrator privileges.
I have tried disabling G-Sync.
I have tried lowering my resolution.
I have tried an external display. (TV)
I tried using a custom resolution profile (1366x768 and 1280x1024 @ 60Hz refresh), with g-sync disabled.
I've tried deleting the WebZen registry key and reinstalling.
*I've tried running MuOnline from a Windows 7 Virtual Machine. <=--- ONLY CURRENT WORK-AROUND
---------------------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated. It's an absolute shame that WebZen cares so little for its community that they won't even offer decent support or patch the bugs destroying their game.

=--=--=--=--=--=--=
WORK-AROUND -->

If you've encountered the above error while loading MuOnline, unfortunately, WebZen has done nothing to fix it. There is only one workaround that I currently know of, and that's using VM workstation @ www.vmware.com/products/workstation-player/workstation-player-evaluation.html with a free virtual machine from developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/

** PS: YOU MUST ENABLE GRAPHIC(2D/3D) ACCELERATION IN THE VM HOST SETTINGS OR MuOnline WILL NOT LOAD AFTER GAMEGUARD. **
** PSS: BE SURE TO ADD SUFFICE VIDEO MEMORY/RAM AS WELL - IF LAG PERSISTS YOU MAY TRY BRIDGING YOUR NETWORK CARD **
=--=--=--=--=--=--=

GamingBoards gaming community is trying to provide support to the MuOnline community on our Forum @ gamingboards.net/ and Discord @ discord.gg/YQr8d2v
Last edited Jun 29, 2019 12:17:11 GMT -7 by Jon
KuzumiBoo Avatar
KuzumiBoo GB Regular **
milamber91 Avatar
milamber91 GB Newbie *
Last edited Jun 29, 2019 12:16:48 GMT -7 by Jon
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****
Saints4ever Avatar
Saints4ever GB Gamer ***
Help is only a Bubble away...