M3RCILESS Clan Mascot

Song Of Seren 1.5X EXP Weekend Tips and Goals

Cheeserules8 Avatar
Cheeserules8 GB Regular **

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 7, 2019 21:41:24 GMT -7

Greetings everyone!
This weekend is the Voice of Seren 1.5X Exp Weekend May 10-13th. So do you have any goals? Tips on how to get something or train a skill? Looking for a slayer or dung buddy? Need to stock up on specific items but now sure what the best way to do it is? I wanna hear about it in this thread. I wanna see us all helping and encouraging each other because that is what we are good at!

Details for the event can be found here.
Here's the meat of the event details if you don't want to read the whole thing.
"Here’s what each set of perks will offer:

Support (includes Agility, Dungeoneering, Slayer and Thieving – plus Invention)

No XP penalty for dying in Dungeoneering

Increased loot and chance of getting totems whilst safecracking

All Slayer tasks act as if you have VIP tickets

Combat (includes Attack, Constitution, Defence, Magic, Prayer, Ranged, Strength and Summoning)

+1 to all charm drops

Decreased cost of instances

1 auto resurrection to full health per run in Elite Dungeons

Gathering (includes Divination, Farming, Fishing, Hunter, Mining and Woodcutting)

10% chance not to deplete Uncharted Isles resources

Training hotspots in Hall of Memories don’t move as often

10% more beans from selling items in the Player Owned Farm

Artisan (includes Cooking, Construction, Crafting, Firemaking, Fletching, Herblore, Runecrafting and Smithing)

Reduced chance of burning food*

2.5% chance to save a secondary when making potions*

Increases node spawn and double rewards in the RuneSpan

* ironman excluded"
Last edited May 8, 2019 13:58:27 GMT -7 by Cheeserules8
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 7, 2019 22:16:41 GMT -7

My Goals:
99 Cooking Currently at 97
90 Agility Currently at 86
90 Attack Currently 87
99 Farming Currently 97
90 Range Currently 85
93 Magic Currently 88
91 Crafting Currently 83
90 Fletching Currently 88
*90 Construction Currently 86
*92 Prayer Currently 87
How I plan to get them:
Cooking: I have the full Sous Chef Outfit and will be using portable ranges to cook rocktails

Agility: I'll be running the Priff agility course but I'm thinking I'll be saving all my silverhawk feathers till the next DXP Since I also have the full nimble outfit for agility which gives 6% bonus exp.

Crafting: I have a bunch of uncut gems stocked up along with gold ores/bars So I will be cutting gems and making amulets. I'm debating if I want to string them so I can enchant them or not since stringing them takes time and gives very little exp. I'm also going to try and get the artisans outfit this week so that I get 6% more exp.

Farming: I'm going to have my Player Owned Farm loaded up along with fruit and tree locations. I might not hit this one but I'm ok with it, if I don't get it this weekend it won't be long after so I'm not worried about it.

Fletching: I have magic logs stocked up along with bowstrings and the fletching outfit (6% bonus) so using portables should make this goal very attainable.

*Construction: I have over 2k protean planks stocked up but I'm not sure about this because I need to give myself a chance at getting the pet soon. Then again 92 is only halfway there so maybe I'll just legit train construction from 90-99.

*Prayer: I'm not sure if I'm actually going to do prayer this weekend or not. It will depend on if POH altars are included or excluded. If they are excluded I will just keep stocking up on bones and do it at a later date.

Combat Skills: I will be doing through slayer tasks so I'm not sure if I'll hit all those goals or not.

**If you have any tips or advice on any of this please let me know, after 10 years away from the game I know a lot has changed and I don't know all those changes**
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 13, 2019 18:34:05 GMT -7

Alright well for me this weekends goals got thrown out pretty quick. I got sick on Thursday and never got better so I was not on nearly as much as I was hoping to be so I had to adjust my goals.
That being said here's what I did achieve:
Attack: lvl 92, also got the attack pet
Cooking: lvl 99
Farming: lvl 99 (had to shovel dragon manure to get there but I got it!)
Fletching: lvl 92 Also got the fletching pet, got all my magic logs cut into magic shieldbows and strung so now I can high alch or disassemble as needed
Divination: lvl 90 almost lvl 91 (going to finish getting 91 today for master quest cape requirements)
Dungeoneering: lvl 90
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 13, 2019 18:45:10 GMT -7

Some tips I picked up from this weekend:
Pulse cores are your friend, if you have them use them, if you see somebody close to you has one that's about to explode make sure you are close enough to get hit by the bonuses.
Related to that, plan ahead. I was doing hall of memories and I was able to complete all of the storage recovery bots even though I don't have the lvls to do so. How? Because when I was hit by a pulse core and my lvl was boosted I worked on getting the energy/memories for that bot. Because it still pays out the full exp and it expects it to be done by a higher divination lvl than what I was the payouts were fantastic.
But you can also do this with many other skills, especially skills done at portables like crafting, fletching, cooking etc.
Lastly I would add if you are doing something like hall of memories where you turn in jars for large chunks of exp at a time, make sure that your pulse core bonus is at a full 10% so that you can maximize your gains.
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
M3RCILESS on RuneClan