Raspberry Pi

A Leaf in the Wind Avatar
A Leaf in the Wind GB Newbie *

Post by A Leaf in the Wind on Mar 31, 2019 23:11:22 GMT -7

How many of you all game on a Raspberry Pi?

I have a Raspberry Pi that I thought I broke one time when I broke a microSD card inside of the slot, but I was abled to wiggle it out of there and now I am using it as a Pi-Hole, a network wide ad-blocker, but during my panic I purchased another Raspberry Pi 3 model B and I just ordered a special case that has a power and reset buttons (since you kind of need those) that also comes with a heat sync.

I officially have a retro console. :-D 
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on May 4, 2019 7:22:41 GMT -7

Currently I'm using my RaspberryPi as a remote portal to my home network with minimal port forwarding required, it's mostly a node in my SSH chain.
Sometimes I use is as Network Accessed Storage for my External Hard Drives.
I also use it for lightweight script development and I'd like to use it for more projects in the near future.

ravenfreak Avatar
ravenfreak GB Newbie *

Post by ravenfreak on May 4, 2019 16:21:56 GMT -7

I kind of want to build a Raspberry Pi, though I already own lots of retro consoles. :P It would be nice to have a all in one console to hook up to my HD tv, I might get one someday.
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on May 16, 2019 9:14:30 GMT -7

Our computing teachers purchased us all a Raspberry Pi machine to borrow. We played Minecraft LAN for the rest of the lesson after being shown how to set up the computer. It was a fun class.
braindeadgenius Avatar
braindeadgenius GB Newbie *

Post by braindeadgenius on May 24, 2019 16:15:38 GMT -7

I don't game on a PI, though it does seem cool for the retro games. I use mine as a remote controlled outlet switch, controlled by an app on my phone.