Going to the cinema alone

ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Jan 30, 2019 10:36:18 GMT -7

Have you ever gone to the cinema by yourself? Is it something that you don't have an issue with doing?

Personally, I have no problem going by myself although I haven't done it much. I've been a few times, mainly when I've got free tickets and couldn't be bothered to set a time with anyone else to go with. It's quite a nice experience especially considering you can't talk to anyone during the film.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
Koschmar Avatar
Koschmar GB Addict ****

Post by Koschmar on Feb 11, 2019 17:57:51 GMT -7

I'm weird af. Even though I don't talk to people during movies, I always need someone to watch things with (cinema, home, or otherwise) lol

I wouldn't be opposed to going alone one cold, snowy day and catching a few different movies though...
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****

Post by DanthEx on Feb 11, 2019 18:07:01 GMT -7

Koschmar Avatar
I'm weird af. Even though I don't talk to people during movies, I always need someone to watch things with (cinema, home, or otherwise) lol

I wouldn't be opposed to going alone one cold, snowy day and catching a few different movies though...

I can relate with Koschmar. I usually enjoy having someone to watch a show with, although, I wouldn't be completely opposed to going alone if I really wanted to see a show and had no one to take. There's definitely nothing wrong with a little alone time, even if you have a partner.
Last edited Feb 11, 2019 18:13:15 GMT -7 by DanthEx
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
Elli Avatar
Elli GB Staff *****

Post by Elli on Feb 12, 2019 13:24:00 GMT -7

I'm not bothered by going alone. The local cinema has a theater type they call "VIP", which is smaller than the standard theaters, comes with comfy recliners, and a waiting service. So you can order snacks or food and have it brought to you! Kids aren't usually in there, either, because parents don't spend that kind of money lol. I've done that a few times by myself, and it's really nice.

I usually have someone with me, though.
lanbo Avatar
lanbo GB Gamer ***

Post by lanbo on Feb 13, 2019 13:09:40 GMT -7

Elli Avatar
The local cinema has a theater type they call "VIP", which is smaller than the standard theaters, comes with comfy recliners, and a waiting service. So you can order snacks or food and have it brought to you!
I wanna try one of those! The closest one is like 40 mins away, which is a bit too far, especially when the theater across the street from my apartment has hella comfy seats already. And I bet the food is pretty expensive, right? 

I always have more fun going with a friend, especially if the movie sucks, but I'm not opposed to go see a good movie alone.
sig
Elli Avatar
Elli GB Staff *****

Post by Elli on Feb 13, 2019 13:40:05 GMT -7

lanbo Avatar
I wanna try one of those! The closest one is like 40 mins away, which is a bit too far, especially when the theater across the street from my apartment has hella comfy seats already. And I bet the food is pretty expensive, right?

Yeah, a bit pricey. I think it's about the same as the food they sell out near the snacks, but that's already expensive.