Minimum wage?

xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Jan 8, 2019 6:04:49 GMT -7

If your from the UK or US, what's the minimum wage in your county or state? Out of curiosity, what's the housing prices like to buy and rent where you are situated? The National Living Wage is £7.83, at the moment. I work in Retail and my hourly pay is slightly higher than the living wage so it makes it a little bit easier to pay housing costs and other essential bills needed to survive. 
Last edited Jan 8, 2019 6:05:20 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****
sig
Saints4ever Avatar
Saints4ever GB Gamer ***
Help is only a Bubble away...
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Jan 12, 2019 14:47:18 GMT -7

I believe the minimum wage over here in London is around £9.15 (which is around $11.76) although it's lower for younger workers (as in under 18, I believe). The minimum wage is also lower by around £1-2 in other parts of the UK. It's not too bad although the costs over here in London are slowly getting worse. I'm still in University and with my parents so I'm not entirely sure whether the minimum wage is enough but it's not the worst thing in the world.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
Saints4ever Avatar
Saints4ever GB Gamer ***

Post by Saints4ever on Jan 13, 2019 6:36:22 GMT -7

I do not like the idea of capping how much someone could make...however I do think that there should be a maximum wage. The maximum wage would be tied to the minimum wage you pay your employees. For example, no one in the company could earn more than x times the lowest paid employee. Therefore, if you want to make 1 million dollars a year, you would have to make sure your lowest paid employees are making x.
Help is only a Bubble away...
demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****

Post by demarco on Jan 14, 2019 19:27:13 GMT -7

Oh this will be fun...

I live in California, where minimum wage is $10.00USD and housing is the highest in the country. I cant move back to my hometown of Oakland, CA. 3 bedrooms there go for $500k easily. I mean even the one I lived in when I was 5 is worth 600k+ now lol. Unless you plan to make cash i wouldnt recommend relocating here lol