Hungry Shark

gio Avatar
gio GB Newbie *

Post by gio on Jan 4, 2019 20:28:44 GMT -7

One game I've been playing now on my phone is Hungry Shark, and it can get pretty addicting. For something that I would have thought would have been bad has a pretty big following and active developers. However, my biggest complaint is the amount of in game points that you need to acquire to upgrade to new sharks, and you do not always gain that much during gameplay.
Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****

Post by Lanbo on Jan 5, 2019 14:36:44 GMT -7

That's how they reel you in, with those microtransactions! I just checked:
This app contains In-App Purchases which allow you to buy Gem and Coin currency which can be spent on upgrades and accessories.

It's hard to develop a game without that, especially when you're not going to sell mobile games for more than $5 - some people even balk at $0.99. This game is by Ubisoft, so their game devs expect an actual salary. I'm sure that goes into making the game a little "slow" if you don't pay to win.

More to the point, I downloaded this game. I don't often keep games on my phone for more than like a week because I get bored, but let's see how I do with some sharks. I just went through a shark tunnel which was awesome, so I'm feeling the shark love.

Here's a """reassuring""" shark fact the aquarium shared:

And the shark tunnel lol:

(50% of the reason I made this post was to share the reel pun.)
Last edited Jan 5, 2019 17:05:38 GMT -7 by Lanbo
sig
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Jan 9, 2019 11:14:36 GMT -7

I can't remember if it was this game or another game, but I remember playing a shark based game. I liked it for a bit but eventually, it got boring so I ended up uninstalling it after a while. In relation to the microtransactions, that's usually what happens with a lot of these free mobile games. They try to get you in and addicted to the game, and then try to make you purchase the microtransactions.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Jan 10, 2019 6:11:33 GMT -7

I don't like the original video game however I thoroughly enjoy Hungry Shark Evolution. With well designed graphics to incentives and the ability to work your way up the food chain it's a fun game to play. Took me a couple of months of playing everyday to evolve to the Megalodon. The more coins you gain means the shop has more upgrades and shark available to purchase. Great inventive and it's exciting to play. 

maxresdefault.jpg
Last edited Jan 10, 2019 6:13:49 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
Vu1canF0rce Avatar
Vu1canF0rce GB Gamer ***

Post by Vu1canF0rce on Jan 31, 2019 21:52:59 GMT -7

I'm not much of a mobile game player, but for some reason I played the heck out of this game when it release. Maybe it was my phone (I think a Note II or Note 4) or maybe the game was just that advanced, but my phone screen (oddly not battery) got hot quick playing this game. Doesn't matter the reason, I didn't like the trolling by the developers to make me farm for so long for so little reward. I eventually left it in the dust. It was fun though.
Andrew