Renting or buying?

xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Jan 4, 2019 4:40:48 GMT -7

I don't see the concept of renting games. I prefer to buy them through online stores such as Steam as they will forever stored on my account. Never thought about renting a video game, what are the advantages and disadvantages of doing this instead of buying? Is it worth it?
Last edited Jan 4, 2019 4:41:09 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Jan 27, 2019 7:15:48 GMT -7

I guess it's especially weird and bothersome for people gaming on PC. It becomes a slightly better experience for console gamers but it's still annoying. I would never even bother to think about renting games because I only try games I know I will like and I like to take my time with them so buying them is so much better. Plus, it would be annoying to pay to rent a game and have to waste a lot of time downloading the game to your console.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****
sig
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Jan 30, 2019 10:29:06 GMT -7

Lanbo Avatar
ash Avatar
I guess it's especially weird and bothersome for people gaming on PC.
I don't think the experience would be very different with respect to the ownership of the game on PCs/console. I would still buy a game for convenience's sake though; if I don't like it, I can always return it.
In terms of it being weird, I was talking about renting a physical disc and having to put that into your PC to game. I don't think they offer digital rentals do they for games? I guess that would be a bit bothersome when you would usually be used to downloading games straight away to your PC and playing through services like Steam.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Jan 30, 2019 15:36:31 GMT -7

Closest I ever came to renting games was when I was abusing the return policy of a store which deserves no mention, by returning used games within 2 weeks I was credited the full value of the game, gave me enough time to really see if I wanted the game. I even returned a few because they were beaten so quickly and had low reputability

GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****

Post by GamingLyfe on Jan 30, 2019 19:16:19 GMT -7

Honestly, if I was to rent games rather than buy them I would have enough money to buy a house(hah), but really, I probably should rent games but I prefer to buy them. I consider it like having a home arcade, I enjoy having a wide variety of games to play at any given time.
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!