Ever bought any game merch?

haze Avatar
haze GB Newbie *

Post by haze on Nov 22, 2018 12:40:39 GMT -7

Sorry if this one doesn't fit here, although It could fit anywhere really :-) 

Have you ever liked a game so much you that went out and bought some real life merch to beautify your space? For me, I've bought countless Fallout, AC and COD merch for my room/work desk. Don't even get me started on Pokemon (If that counts!) after my recent trip to Japan...

I especially love my glow in the dark vault boy Pop Vinyl!

What 'bout you? Got any game merch?
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Nov 28, 2018 10:25:36 GMT -7

I have not bought any game merchandise. I did buy a Grand Theft Auto V guidebook when it first came out but I'm not sure if that can actually be considered as being merchandise. I just don't think there is any particular gaming merchandise out there that interests me fully especially since most of them are always over-priced for some reason. I would much rather just get some merchandise based on my favourite television shows or movies.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Dec 31, 2018 5:53:17 GMT -7

Nope, never bought any Gaming Merch. Most of the merchandise is over-priced and not worth the money that it's being advertised for. I would much rather invest the cash in the latest video games/consoles to improve my setup.
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Jan 12, 2019 14:55:46 GMT -7

xxinfectedxx Avatar
Nope, never bought any Gaming Merch. Most of the merchandise is over-priced and not worth the money that it's being advertised for. I would much rather invest the cash in the latest video games/consoles to improve my setup.
This is what I hate with both gaming and film merchandise. For some reason, they can't make it decently priced and try to get as much profit as they can by over-pricing everything. It's really annoying because there are some great items that I would love to get but just can't justify the prices, especially for some gaming merchandise like figures.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
Andrew Avatar
Andrew GB Regular **

Post by Andrew on Jan 31, 2019 21:39:32 GMT -7

Aside from the crap-ton of gaming posters I had when I was younger and more involved in gaming, I never went out and bought gaming merch in retail stores. I would often do an upgrade or pre-buy of a game to get some merch perks that way. Really the only notably time I did this was with the GTA franchise. I got lots of merch for GTA 4 and 5. Most of it is cheap crap, or overly expensive, but still not great one-of-a-kinds (during pre-buy only, for example) items that really add little to no value to the game or experience.

I just do standard copies and don't care about merch.
Andrew