Who here owns a Switch?

Nintendo
A Leaf in the Wind Avatar
A Leaf in the Wind GB Newbie *

Post by A Leaf in the Wind on Sept 29, 2018 19:23:49 GMT -7

I love this console, but honestly, it seems to be suffering from what past Nintendo consoles suffered from. Even though the console has the most third-party support than those past systems. The console still isn't thought of in the main populous' mind as a "video game console." Electronic Arts didn't even consider this console for their PC port of The Sims 4 and system could very well run the game. Nintendo would even be generous to allow the gallery too. It feels like I don't even have that big of a library for this console and yet Nintendo should be focusing a lot more on it instead of continuing the lifespan of the Nintendo 3/2DS. I am still a little upset that I wasted $50 on Splatoon 2 when I cannot even play it since my internet connection is so shit that it could make someone wish it had been their cable provider who experienced a shooting instead of YouTube. So who else here has a Nintendo Switch and are you happy with it?
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****

Post by GamingLyfe on Sept 30, 2018 7:34:22 GMT -7

I love Nintendo myself, it offers something other consoles will never, original Nintendo classics and a type of game very unique to Nintendo. Sucks that you're dealing with a slow internet connection, I'm sure you've tried hardwiring, you could even try a bandwidth priority. It's funny you mention it because when I had my Nintendo Switch it seemed to have internet connection issues as well. I've had a switch and other than the dropped connection(s) I really enjoyed the system, having the handheld tablet was a major plus as I'd be rocking some Zelda or Mario Kart Racing from my bed. :P
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on Oct 3, 2018 21:09:25 GMT -7

I'm a huge fan of the Nintendo Switch. I really enjoyed being able to buy most of the older Nintendo games from the Nintendo Shop. It's very nostalgic playing this console and I'd definitely recommend the console to anyone looking to get back in touch with their old classic favorites, it's great with friends and family as well. With access to amazing games like Donkey Kong, Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Kirby, Pokemon, and even some of the games you'd find on PlayStation or Xbox like Call of Duty, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, etc. you really cannot go wrong with the Nintendo Switch.

EDIT: I was totally thinking about the Nintendo Wii U store.
Last edited Oct 6, 2018 12:02:39 GMT -7 by Jon

Post by A Leaf in the Wind on Oct 5, 2018 3:48:51 GMT -7

I am always looking for new Switch friends, so feel free to add me. My friend code is below.

SW-0522-8668-6794
Jon Avatar
I'm a huge fan of the Nintendo Switch. I really enjoyed being able to buy most of the older Nintendo games from the Nintendo Shop. It's very nostalgic playing this console and I'd definitely recommend the console to anyone looking to get back in touch with their old classic favorites, it's great with friends and family as well. With access to amazing games like Donkey Kong, Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Kirby, Pokemon, and even some of the games you'd find on PlayStation or Xbox like Call of Duty, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, etc. you really cannot go wrong with the Nintendo Switch.

What older Nintendo games are you referring to, mate? Nintendo released some NES games a part of an application, but I do not recall any older games released for the eShop independently from said application.
Last edited Oct 5, 2018 6:25:00 GMT -7 by A Leaf in the Wind
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on Oct 5, 2018 8:05:01 GMT -7

What older Nintendo games are you referring to, mate? Nintendo released some NES games a part of an application, but I do not recall any older games released for the eShop independently from said application.

It's been a while since I left my Nintendo with family during a move, however, one of the most memorable would have been Zelda: A link to the past. I definitely stumbled upon quite a few while browsing the store at the time, however, that Zelda would've been one of my favorites for sure. 

Post by A Leaf in the Wind on Oct 5, 2018 23:57:52 GMT -7

Jon Avatar

It's been a while since I left my Nintendo with family during a move, however, one of the most memorable would have been Zelda: A link to the past. I definitely stumbled upon quite a few while browsing the store at the time, however, that Zelda would've been one of my favorites for sure. 

Zelda: A Link to the Past is available on the Nintendo eShop for the Switch?
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on Oct 6, 2018 11:59:39 GMT -7

Zelda: A Link to the Past is available on the Nintendo eShop for the Switch?

Oh sorry! This was on the Wii U! >.< My bad...
jerlene Avatar
jerlene GB Newbie *

Post by jerlene on Oct 7, 2018 15:10:19 GMT -7

I do not own a Switch. I was considering it before but I went to Target once and they had a display of the Switch there that you could play with.
I used it and it was really cool but I'm more than okay with my Wii. It's not enough for me to completely switch up and get it.
jerlene Avatar
jerlene GB Newbie *

Post by jerlene on Nov 22, 2018 22:17:44 GMT -7

jerlene Avatar
I used it and it was really cool but I'm more than okay with my Wii. It's not enough for me to completely switch up and get it.
Why would you already owning a Wii prevent you from getting a Switch?
My Wii is in perfect working order. I don't need anything to enhance my experience or anything. I'm fine with my console just how it is. Nothing extra, even another console, is necessary. I have no new consoles really. lol The newest one I have is a PS3. I'm just fine not wasting money when it's not needed.