Quantum Break

Discussion
Andrew Avatar
Andrew GB Regular **

Post by Andrew on Sept 19, 2018 6:21:44 GMT -7

Has anyone played Quantum Break? Since getting my XB1 I have a 30-day trial of GamePass and I've downloaded a lot of games. Quantum Break is one of those that I had eyeballed in the past in passing like "ooh, that looks fun" and moved on. However, since it is on GamePass I decided to download it and give it a whirl. It has not disappointed yet! I love the game and cinematic tie ins that they've done, plus using lots of name-brand actors/actresses. To me, the game gives off a slight feel of tv series Fringe, and it's coincidental (or just a crazy theory in my mind) that the actor playing Martin Hatch (Lance Reddick) played Colonel Broyles in Fringe. Anywho, it's a pretty cool game.
Andrew
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
Quantum Break Posted Sept 20, 2018 14:24:51 GMT -7

Post by megannatasha on Sept 20, 2018 14:24:51 GMT -7

I haven't heard of this game before , although after reading your post I decided to do a little investigating out of curiosity. The game definitely looks interesting, if I stumbling upon a sale or something I may have to grab myself a copy. :P

Quantum Break Official Launch Trailer
- IGN

Last edited Sept 20, 2018 14:25:34 GMT -7 by megannatasha
Andrew Avatar
Andrew GB Regular **
Quantum Break Posted Sept 20, 2018 14:42:13 GMT -7 via mobile

Post by Andrew on Sept 20, 2018 14:42:13 GMT -7

I had only heard of it in passing...like by the shelf looking for something else, or overly casually read something about it. I'd say I'm about 3/4 through it and it's great (not perfect). It definitely breaks from the typical routine you see with games.
Andrew
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
Andrew Avatar
Andrew GB Regular **
Andrew
Andrew Avatar
Andrew GB Regular **

Post by Andrew on Sept 26, 2018 6:01:27 GMT -7

I just finished Quantum Break this weekend. I won't write up a lengthy review because a lot of this is really tight-knit wrapped up in quantum mechanics of time travel, so giving away one element might hint to a future element in the game.

This is a great game by Remedy, and it is one that a sequel would be much appreciated ... and is hinted to in the post-credits. In lieu of a full review, I'll use an out-of-10 rating on the overarching topics.

Graphics: 10/10
Music: n/a*
Cinematics: 10/10
Story: 8/10
Content: 7/10**
Controls: 7/10
Gameplay: 6/10
Combat: 7/10

*I've never been a big fan of listening to the in-game music that comes with games (not even my own). I usually just go for the voice or sound effects audio instead. The only time I listed to it in the past was if it was hard-coded to not be disabled/lowered, or is bound to the "master volume". Only in recent years have I learned to try to experience a game in it's wholeness with music composed for it. Now I do at least like 20 / 100 music volume. So, I'm learning to enjoy it lol. I did have it enabled but wasn't paying too much attention to it. It did have situation-based music that kicked in when like there were tons of enemies around vs regular cinematic music playing the rest of the game.

**It's a single-player game, so there's nothing after the primary story, nor any DLC content. This is not necessarily bad. The game holds its own weight rather well.
Andrew