Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4 Exclusive)

DiscussionPlayStation
Important Avatar
Important GB Newbie *

Post by Important on Sept 7, 2018 18:42:31 GMT -7

After a lot of screwing around with stock updaters, I finally got my order in for the Limited Edition Amazing Red PS4 Pro Spider-Man Console.  Picked it up today and just played Spider-Man for a bit.

The combat is actually so fluid, it's orgasmic.  Early review but highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a good H2H combat game!

Anyone else playing it currently?

-Important
~Important~
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Gamer ***

Post by GamingLyfe on Sept 8, 2018 8:17:19 GMT -7

I've always been a fan of the super-hero games like Spiderman, Batman, etc. They are usually well made and offer a very different feeling than your usual games(IMO). I haven't had a chance to play the new SpiderMan, although, I would definitely like to try. GamePlay Trailer below!

Last edited Sept 9, 2018 13:58:45 GMT -7 by GamingLyfe
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
Andrew Avatar
Andrew GB Regular **
Andrew
Important Avatar
Important GB Newbie *
~Important~
Important Avatar
Important GB Newbie *

Post by Important on Sept 8, 2018 20:14:12 GMT -7

GamingLyfe Avatar
I've always been a fan of the super-hero games like Spiderman, Batman, etc. They are usually well made and offer a very different feeling than your usual games(IMO). I haven't had a chance to play the new SpiderMan, although, I would definitely like to try. GamePlay Trailer below!

Video Preview
I agree with you completely! Let me know if you get it so we can chat about it!
~Important~
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
Andrew Avatar
Andrew GB Regular **
Andrew
Important Avatar
Important GB Newbie *

Post by Important on Sept 13, 2018 15:49:24 GMT -7

That's why I decided to get a PS4 as well as my Xbox, so I can experience it all! Hehe.

So the game is fantastic so far, like I said, it's smooth as hell. The swinging is so fluid, you really feel like you're flying through the air, and the combat feels heavy, and that's a good thing! One thing I wanted to mention is the fact that nearly every window in the game has a room behind it. Not like most games where the windows are just reflections- you can literally see into a bedroom with a bed, nightstand, books etc.. Kitchens with plates, cutlery and so much more.

100% recommend this game to any of you!

Best,

Important
Last edited Sept 13, 2018 16:07:11 GMT -7 by Important
~Important~
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Sept 18, 2018 7:32:21 GMT -7

My buddy  picked this game up the day it came out and we have been playing it since.

The story-line is pretty solid and reminds me of the PS1 comic style games but brought to the modern consoles. The game did open world really well and while we unlocked the fast travel locations though I seldom use them because swinging around is so fluid that no where in the game feels particularly far away, the fast-travel loading screens are pretty good though.
The game seems to pull a lot from other games which succeeded in the genre recently, I find the open world very reminiscent of the Infamous and the Batman Arkham games. There's a lot of things on the map to do, plenty of things to collect and challenges to perfect, combat feels very fluid in general and the gadgets given to you are amusing.

I personally find it tedious to switch back and forth between high mobility and combat actions, but it isn't game-breaking. Wall-climbing isn't always as precise as it should be but the speed makes up for it most of the time, but when you do need to move somewhere precise by climbing you will definitely know what I mean.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend you try this game.