Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Review
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****

Post by DanthEx on Sept 6, 2018 15:49:22 GMT -7

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice takes you on a single-player adventure like no other as a shinobi named Sekiro who has dedicated his life to seeking his Lords revenge. Developed by FromSoftware and set for release on March 22, 2019, for the PC(Win), Xbox One, and PlayStation 4, this action-adventure offers a unique combat system in which the goal is to precisely line up a killing blow rather than your usual back and forth hack-and-slash combat. You'll want timing, strategy and swift-cleverness, all on your side during each duel. FromSoftware has decided to take a completely different direction with Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice than they have with Dark Souls, as it will not offer any of the usual RPG elements such as classes, weapons, armor, stats, etc, however, you can definitely expect to see those voids filled with unique content such as different tools and gadgets, a completely revamped combat system, a grappling hook to help ease your way around newly explored lands of Japan, and a story you won't want to miss. Silence is on your side in Sekiro, if you're stealth skills are up to par you can expect a lot less hassle while taking down your enemies, this will come in handy while taking out large groups. Get your stealthy parkour skills ready, you'll need them in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE デビュートレーラー【2018 E3】- By: FROMSOFTWARE

Last edited Sept 6, 2018 15:58:40 GMT -7 by DanthEx
Important Avatar
Important GB Newbie *
~Important~
martin Avatar
martin GB Newbie *

Post by martin on Sept 19, 2018 5:30:27 GMT -7

I'm not a huge fan of these From Software titles, I find them too challenging for someone like me who wants to just experience a good story with not a huge deal of effort. But I can appreciate the work that goes into them and I have watched a fair bit of gameplay from most of the titles they have released. It definitely seems like this takes the faster movement even further than Bloodborne did. I do wonder how much on an involvement Activision has had, because when I first saw the logo pop up I was slightly confused. Will there be a multiplayer element to it?

I probably wont play it, because its not my type of game. But I think fans of From Software's games will enjoy it and I love the look of the setting.