Doom Eternal

Review
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****

Post by DanthEx on Sept 6, 2018 10:24:58 GMT -7

Doom Eternal is the fifth main title from the Doom series and this first-person shooter doubtfully needs much of an introduction, however, you're a Doom Slayer tasked with blasting demons from Hell using outrageously powerful firearms and weapons such as Shotguns with a "Meat Hook", Plasma Rifles, Rocket Launchers, and even a chainsaw. If that doesn't give you an idea of what you're up against, I'm not sure what will. This iconic title was developed by id Software using the id Tech 6 engine and published by Bethesda Softworks. Regardless of your system, you shouldn't have much of a problem playing Doom Eternal as it's set for release on the PC(Win), Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Like prior titles, Doom Eternal welcomes both single-player and multiplayer. It's been since May of 2016 that we've seen a main Doom release and Doom Slayers are hungry for what's in store, however, Bethesda hasn't given us much of an idea on as to when we may see it hit the shelves, unconfirmed rumors say late 2019. You can expect relative gameplay and an invasion style PvP mode allowing players to fight as demons in one another's game, new weapons, a more narrative-focused story, state of the art graphics, a more vast variety of demons, and so much more you're not going to want to miss. Demon Slayers, prepare for Hell.

DOOM Eternal – Official E3 Teaser - By: Bethesda Softworks

Last edited Sept 6, 2018 11:22:05 GMT -7 by DanthEx
martin Avatar
martin GB Newbie *

Post by martin on Sept 15, 2018 7:30:20 GMT -7

From the small glimpse we saw at E3 I would imagine this is still a fair way away. So I can only talk for what I want to see based on my thoughts of the reboot I played. For me, the reboot was solid but overall a little bit bland. I wanted to see more varied locations and some more interesting mechanics... but especially more variety in the enemies you face off against. I seem to remember at E3 they said there would be a lot more variety, so I am looking forward to seeing more on what they mean by that and hopefully that will cross off my concerns. I liked the previous title in terms of finding it a fun, mindless action game. Which is okay, but I might want a bit more of a developed story this time around. I think last time they maybe went a little bit too classical - trying to give fans of the old games exactly what they wanted and had from the older games, but I would like to see them try and do something more innovative with the series and add some new elements to make a more wholesome package.