Remember to Proofread

Discussion
MzPanik Avatar
MzPanik GB Newbie *

Post by MzPanik on Aug 17, 2018 10:19:35 GMT -7

I happen to be a little bit of a grammar nazi, so it just gets to me when I'm reading through someone's Facebook post, forum post, tweet, whatever, and it's just full of grammatical and spelling errors. And, oh lord help me, those who do nothing but post in chat-speak (lolz, nd, welp, etc.)... I know, I know. We're not all English scholars, I'm not at least, but it's really not that hard to spell out the word 'and' or reread a post before posting to make sure it actually makes sense...
Visit us at Some Kind of Life, a new community for aspiring content creators!

My Pokemon Go Friend Code: 5219 1251 6518
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****

Post by DanthEx on Aug 17, 2018 10:23:24 GMT -7

I'm with you 100% , grammatical errors drive me insane. Especially when they're made intentionally out of sheer laziness. I'm not one for abbreviations as I feel they've gotten out of hand. We're in the age of the internet now, so we could only hope that with more human interaction online that we may see an improvement over the next few years. I believe we definitely will, as the schooling process has improved greatly in the past 100 years(for the most part). I'm no English scholar myself either, but at least I try! :P
Last edited Aug 17, 2018 10:24:11 GMT -7 by DanthEx
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
MzPanik Avatar
MzPanik GB Newbie *
Visit us at Some Kind of Life, a new community for aspiring content creators!

My Pokemon Go Friend Code: 5219 1251 6518
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Gamer ***
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
thejason Avatar
thejason GB Gamer ***

Post by thejason on Sept 28, 2018 2:19:49 GMT -7

I disagree. Unless someone is paid to write - or it's some professional article, I don't think good grammar should be required. Nonetheless, even with non-pro stuff, it can seem a little silly - for instance, the consistent non-capitalization of the first word in sentences, and the wrong punctuation at the end.  I mean, give me a break, can't people be more aware than that?

Last edited Sept 28, 2018 2:22:18 GMT -7 by thejason
Guest Avatar
YedrgeMi Guest
Last edited Dec 20, 2018 13:21:32 GMT -7 by DanthEx