YouTube Light/Dark Theme

Question
keranov Avatar
keranov GB Gamer ***

Post by keranov on Jul 28, 2018 14:44:35 GMT -7

There is a light and dark theme available for YouTube. Which one are you using and why?

I always have been using the light theme but recently I switched to the dark one and I think it's better for me especially in the night.
Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****

Post by Lanbo on Aug 11, 2018 19:40:36 GMT -7

Dark theme!! I've kind of gotten used to dark themes on my phone (AMOLED means more black on the screen helps conserve battery power because the display doesn't have to display the black) so I try to get the dark theme on my phone apps whenever I can. And now I just like that style better. I feel like that red/black contrast is more aesthetically pleasing than red/white (youtube's colors).
sig
MzPanik Avatar
MzPanik GB Newbie *
Visit us at Some Kind of Life, a new community for aspiring content creators!

My Pokemon Go Friend Code: 5219 1251 6518
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
adamsimon Avatar
adamsimon GB Newbie *
Andrew Avatar
Andrew GB Regular **

Post by Andrew on Sept 13, 2018 12:55:28 GMT -7

I remember reading about the dark theme when it came out, but forgot about it until this thread. I've been using the dark theme natively on my phone, but have been using the light theme on desktop. However, now that I'm making a conscientious effort about it, I've swapped over to the dark theme and after a second or two of adjusting, it makes a big different on the positive side.
Last edited Sept 13, 2018 12:55:41 GMT -7 by Andrew
Andrew
vedraii Avatar
vedraii GB Regular **
thejason Avatar
thejason GB Gamer ***

Post by thejason on Sept 26, 2018 5:41:59 GMT -7

Well, for those interested, the stats say half of people like light themes. Around 40 percent like either light or dark and 20 percent like only dark themes. Anyway, not sure about the 2nd sentence as far as exact percentage, but something around that.
oo Avatar
oo GB Gamer ***

Post by oo on Nov 6, 2018 3:58:37 GMT -7

You have just saved my life.
I love the dark themes. It fits better in my eyes. Right now I use twitter/telegram/skype in dark theme. I did not know YouTube had one, so now in both website and my iPhone app, I have dark theme.
I really hope Whatsapp/FB/IG releases some dark theme, please!