Has any of your gaming accounts been hacked before?

GuideQuestion
antonline Avatar
antonline GB Regular **
keranov Avatar
keranov GB Gamer ***
antonline Avatar
antonline GB Regular **

Post by antonline on Jul 25, 2018 11:48:28 GMT -7

keranov Avatar
Once my account in a Minecraft server has been hacked. The price of the account was over $60 with all the ranks, in-game money and items it had. But the server got shut down like a week after that and I wasn't mad at all. 
Now that is a real bummer! On another note, it also sucks when you spend money on Minecraft server and a month later the admin stops paying the bills when the donations start slowing. 
Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****
sig
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****
pnutty4eva Avatar
pnutty4eva GB Regular **
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
oo Avatar
oo GB Gamer ***
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****
Last edited Dec 31, 2018 5:17:15 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
vedraii Avatar
vedraii GB Regular **
xxinfectedxx Avatar

Post by xxinfectedxx on Feb 12, 2019 8:15:48 GMT -7

oo Avatar
Yes, many years ago when I played Diablo II, I got hacked because I trusted some "friend" downloading a thing. It was kind of stupid from my part, and he scammed me a lot of valuable items :(
What file was it that you downloaded? Sounds like the download was obviously an set up to infect your PC with a virus. I wouldn't call them your friend, but did the person use a remote hacking tool to take over your computer? What Anti-Virus did you have at the time of this incident? 

GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
xxinfectedxx Avatar

Post by xxinfectedxx on Mar 4, 2019 15:40:04 GMT -7

GamingLyfe Avatar
Nope. ALWAYS use an authenticator(Two Factor Authentication) and a very secure email password, your accounts are all in the hands of your email for the most part.
Do you have any other advice on how to prevent hackers from gaining access to your accounts? How regularly should I change my password? Thank you in advance for any tips, tricks or advice you can offer me. 
zombieprincess Avatar
zombieprincess GB Newbie *
Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****
sig