GreedFall

Review
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****
GreedFall Posted Jun 29, 2018 9:15:11 GMT -7

Post by DanthEx on Jun 29, 2018 9:15:11 GMT -7

GreedFall is a single-player action role-playing game set for release sometime in 2019 and developed by Spiders for the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It's based in a 17th century setting on an island inhabited by Elves who's mission is to fight off the invading foreign nations ambitious to conquer the paradise for themselves. You'll have to decide who's side you're on as you explore the island riddled by the chaos of war, be careful with your choices; diplomacy is a must to survive in GreedFall. With around 80 quests to keep you busy and a fictional paradise island with supernatural beings, monsters and beasts. What else could you ask for on vacation?

Jehanne Rousseau, Spiders’ CEO, claims they're going against the grain of your usual quest run. Spiders' aims to eliminate fetch-quests and allow the story to unfold more naturally putting more control into the hands of the player. Although she has said they won't be removed from the game completely - "of course some people will probably ask you to create some object for them or to find something for them but [...] we have very strong narrative support, and every time it will make sense. No one will ask you to, you know, ‘kill me three birds’ or anything”. This is definitely great news for those of us tired of running countless quests that send us in circles and usually for a very unclear reason, and with odd objectives. GreedFall is extremely quest-rich, however, as mentioned before, the direction of the story is entirely based on the players choices throughout the game.

[E3 2018] GreedFall – E3 Trailer - By: Focus Home Interactive
jimmy Avatar
jimmy GB Newbie *
GreedFall Posted Jul 23, 2018 8:39:08 GMT -7

Post by jimmy on Jul 23, 2018 8:39:08 GMT -7

Upon first glance; the graphics seem pretty amazing! I am curious to see how they will look on newer consoles & TV's. It seems they give you a couple of different options as far as play route. You can either be the enemy or citizen (?). I think this will keep the game very fun. It will be cool to see how they continue adding on the story line after release. As of now, it seems we will have a lot to keep us entertained upon release. We will have in game missions I imagine, among some other 80+ quests. Has anyone else been following this release? What are your opinions & game play you are looking forward to?
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***
GreedFall Posted Aug 15, 2018 13:35:07 GMT -7

Post by ash on Aug 15, 2018 13:35:07 GMT -7

It looks good although it's important to remember that trailers aren't always the best representation of gameplay and how good the game will be. There have definitely been a few games in the past which have been nothing like the trailers or what was promised - No Man's Sky is a pretty good example of this although they have done much better recently. I'm not sure whether the game will be for me really. I'm not hugely into the action role-playing genre of games.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
martin Avatar
martin GB Newbie *
GreedFall Posted Sept 21, 2018 5:28:27 GMT -7

Post by martin on Sept 21, 2018 5:28:27 GMT -7

I like the idea of the game for sure. Location looks interesting and I like the idea with the gameplay and player choice - if done right. It's one of those titles where I really need to see some gameplay and reviews upon release to decide whether or not it's something I want to get and play or if it's something that doesn't seem right for me. The cinematic trailer looks cool, but I hate them in video games. Show me some clips of gameplay or something or the cut-scenes from the game and I would be far happier. The potential seems to be there, but I need to see more.