Post by Ben the tick on Jun 19, 2018 12:43:54 GMT -7

Genre: RPG
Built in Unity
Release date: 2019
Platforms: Linux, macOS, PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox One
Game type: singleplayer + multiplayer
Publisher: inXile

"Wasteland 3 - A Frosty Reception" by inXile

Conversation is dynamic and has options that impact the game, similar to fallout 3 and New Vegas, with a top down gameplay view more reminiscent of Fallout 1 and 2. In the game play trailer they appear to make the game look dynamic in play; however the system appears to be turn based. The game boasts party based combat with a reactive story with the combat having interactable vehicles and environmental dangers. Forcing you to make difficult choices, be it morality or game play wise appears to be a core element that the developer wants to be a focus of the game.
The start of the game sets you up as a sole survivor of a “Ranger squad” dispatched into the frozen Colorado wasteland. Society as we know it is gone, replaced by murderers, sycophants and cannibals. Build your reputation as you see fit, save the land or thrust it deeper into chaos with game play choices actually affecting the world around you, such as destroying faction bases completely eliminating them from the game.

Last edited Aug 10, 2018 8:24:26 GMT -7 by DanthEx: title edit
antonline Avatar
antonline GB Regular **
Wasteland 3 Posted Jul 24, 2018 20:00:26 GMT -7

Post by antonline on Jul 24, 2018 20:00:26 GMT -7

I've never really played any of the Wasteland series. But, they do look good. The graphics in that trailer look fantastic and I really like the character appearances. I'd say this is a game I would consider trying!
Last edited Jul 24, 2018 20:00:41 GMT -7 by antonline
thebestgamerz Avatar
thebestgamerz GB Newbie *
Wasteland 3 Posted Jul 25, 2018 15:59:20 GMT -7

Post by thebestgamerz on Jul 25, 2018 15:59:20 GMT -7

A few problems I see with Wasteland 3, from that trailer;

1. The top-down view is awful and outdated but that leads us to the 2nd problem.
2. From the trailer, Wasteland 3 appears to be a game with turn-based which is so ******* outdated that it only will appeal to hipsters who want games to be how they were 20 years ago.
3. The dialogue on that cutscene was as cringe-ey as your average YouTube reaction video.

Basicly, this is not a game I ever planning on playing.
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***
Wasteland 3 Posted Aug 20, 2018 11:20:11 GMT -7

Post by ash on Aug 20, 2018 11:20:11 GMT -7

I've never actually tried any of the previous Wasteland games, this is actually the first time that I have bothered to even watch some of the gameplay of the game. Role-playing games aren't usually my type and I'm not sure I would bother to get this one even if it were to be heavily discounted. I have to say that the graphics look quite nice and I'm fond of the top-down view. It's not great but it is something different to what is usually offered by games so it's nice to see it done. I have to agree with the comment above though, the dialogue is just awful.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!