Octopath Traveler

NintendoReview
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on Jun 15, 2018 14:10:17 GMT -7

Octopath Traveler is a 2D RPG turn-based battle game started by Masashi Takahashi and producer Tomoya Asano with a very unique look and feel. It was first announced on Jan.13/17 and released world-wide on July.13/18. To get things started, you choose a unique role of one out of eight adventurers whom all have their own command while interacting with NPC's. You will battle your opponents using weapons and elemental attacks, abilities, and items. You will receive a Boot Point after each turn which will stack up to 5 and may be used in 3's to boost a command, allowing their character to attack multiple times, raise defense, or increase the strength of an ability. While attacking with an element the enemy is weak against, their shield counter will deplete, once depleted the player will be stunned and more vulnerable to attacks all whitest losing a turn. If you're a Nintendo fan looking for something unique, well thought out, and plenty of fun, you have to grab yourself a copy of Octopath Traveler.

OCTOPATH TRAVELER - E3 2018 Trailer (Nintendo Switch) - By: Nintendo UK
Last edited Jun 15, 2018 14:11:19 GMT -7 by Jon
fantanoice Avatar
fantanoice GB Newbie *

Post by fantanoice on Jun 19, 2018 5:20:37 GMT -7

Definitely keen for this one. It sounds like a game that you could have so many good discussions about, particularly if you and your friends all choose different characters in the beginning.

My boyfriend has been playing the demos and sounds like it's pretty solid already. However, I'm going to wait for the full game before I try it out.
Last edited Jun 19, 2018 5:21:08 GMT -7 by fantanoice
Aussie Game Developer. Let me know your favourite podcast.
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Aug 9, 2018 12:40:46 GMT -7

I have to agree with fantanoice. It does look like a pretty nice game. I can't say for sure that it would be a game that I would get but I try to see what I think about it after reading some reviews and watching some gameplay videos. I actually love how the game looks as well. It's weird, because right now everyone is raving about the amazing graphics of new games and then there are these new games with such simple graphics that look great.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
Important Avatar
Important GB Newbie *

Post by Important on Sept 7, 2018 18:43:42 GMT -7

Fantastic game- I picked it up on Switch around the release date. Feels like a Pokémon style combat game with a fun exploration aspect. Probably about 50% of the way through, and am really liking it so far!
~Important~