Cyberpunk 2077 - details, release date, trailer and more

Review
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****

Post by DanthEx on Jun 11, 2018 14:19:37 GMT -7

Cyberpunk 2077 is set for release June of 2019 although this isn't guaranteed, and this game is one we're definitely all excited for. Cyberpunk 2077 is developed by CD Projekt Red who is previously known for their latest title "Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" using the REDengine 4 and was announced May 2012 and confirmed at the E3 2018. Cyberpunk is a single-player game that will be released for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Microsoft Windows.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world game where you start with a character named "V", which you're able to customize to your own liking. The game seems very similar to the Grand Theft Auto concept we're all familiar with, however the game is based on a city that is in shambles and overrun by criminals. A message found within the trailer seems to provide a little more insight on what we can expect: ""An alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilized life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3.""

Cyberpunk 2077 – official E3 2018 trailer - By: Cyberpunk 2077

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Aug 2, 2018 8:12:47 GMT -7

I'm looking forward to the release so much because having watched the trailer a few times, it looks like it is going to be a great game. I'm not sure whether I will pre-order it because I haven't had any experience with this particular developer so I will wait for a few gameplay videos and reviews before I make a final decision on it. I'm 50/50 on the first person only view since it annoys me quite a bit on Far Cry when you aren't able to just go into 3rd person mode.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
Andrew Avatar
Andrew GB Regular **

Post by Andrew on Sept 1, 2018 19:37:13 GMT -7

Since there's a bit more information on blogs and YouTube about this, I watched a near-hour demo reveal of one of the first missions within the game - LINK. The part that caught my attention was the supposed seamless world. One of my favorite games when it came out was GTA5. It attempted this seamlessness but as time went on you could see moments of lag or slight-of-hand where there was some loading (primarily in single player). I hope this lives up to their (and our) expectations. Overall, this game looks great and I anticipate it'll be open enough they'll be able to keep it going for a while with a lot of DLC stuff.
Andrew
Andrew Avatar
Andrew GB Regular **
Andrew
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
martin Avatar
martin GB Newbie *

Post by martin on Sept 16, 2018 6:42:26 GMT -7

It's something that has really hyped people up. I love the style of the game in terms of the neon colours and everything, that looks very cool. For me, I am a little bit worried because it is a huge difference in style for the studio (CD Projekt Red) who are used to sword combat whereas this will be featuring gun play a lot more. The first person camera is also quite different than the studio are known for. There is the nearly 50 minutes of gameplay on YouTube on the Cyberpunk channel. I think it looks good, but I need to see more before I can decide if it will be special like The Witcher 3 was, or if it'll just be a rather generic shooter with a decent story.
A Leaf in the Wind Avatar
A Leaf in the Wind GB Newbie *
Tipsy Blonde Avatar
Tipsy Blonde GB Newbie *