Can games become too easy for adults?

Question
thejason Avatar
thejason GB Gamer ***

Post by thejason on Jun 6, 2018 5:17:14 GMT -7

Well, Super Mario III (The Super Nintendo Mario) isn't boring yet, but the first Mario can be beaten in an hour.  In that case, it's truly a kid's game cause adults obviously wouldn't like it, playing-wise.  So does anyone come across games that are to easy?
keranov Avatar
keranov GB Gamer ***
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****

Post by GamingLyfe on Jun 6, 2018 10:32:59 GMT -7

I think kids are becoming better Gamers than most adults because they're raised in the era of technology. Many people enjoy the thought of a simplistic game, especially those who aren't big gaming enthusiasts, most games can be rushed to the finish line, however majority of the times that requires missing a lot of the content. Most games today have a difficulty setting or online competitive game-play so I rarely(if ever) run into this problem. :P
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!

Post by Ben the tick on Jun 7, 2018 5:50:26 GMT -7

I remember when Halo 4 came out, I got it at Christmas, put it in my machine around 2pm, I finished it on legendary difficulty at 1:30am, not even 12 hours. Was the campaign short, not particularly. Was it difficult, fairly. What I'd put it down to is standardized controls meaning if you learn any game's controls, you know most.
Forgiveness mechanics, regular save points, checkpoints, shortcuts. What should be quality of life can actually just make things easier.
Cutscenes also seem to be shorter and the environment doesn't reward exploration (collectables dont count, they reward finding things in the environment), eastereggs are no longer nice to notice, they're forced into the game and have lost their charm, the best example of that is CoD zombies, the backstory of it was originally hidden away as a neat little easter egg for someone who went looking, now it's literally part of the objective and can even reward. Ideas, mechanics and objectives are losing their meaning as the corporate machine forces developers to churn out the next big money grab each year and it's causing games to lose their soul.
My princess isn't in another castle, she died 20 years ago and Toad just can't bring himself to tell me.
antonline Avatar
antonline GB Regular **

Post by antonline on Jul 25, 2018 11:43:46 GMT -7

I think I found out that most games get boring quickly especially after you finish their story mode. There's only so much you can do on singleplayer games, too. For the past 8yrs I've only paid for games that have multiplayer capabilities because online gaming is a totally different beast.
oo Avatar
oo GB Gamer ***
thejason Avatar
thejason GB Gamer ***
haze Avatar
haze GB Newbie *

Post by haze on Nov 22, 2018 12:27:17 GMT -7

To be fair, I'm in the middle on some games. As a kid I found certain games very hard, probably because I hadn't yet really developed the fine motor skills for some of them but as an adult it's (pardon the pun) - child's play! Mario Kart is one of the examples for me though, not necessarily that I needed fine motor skills for it but I found it hard as a kit but when I play it now it's boring too quickly because I always smash my way into first place even on 150cc!
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****
Last edited Jan 2, 2019 6:43:55 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
lucky Avatar
lucky GB Newbie *

Post by lucky on Jan 3, 2019 20:21:22 GMT -7

I don't know if games are 'easier' for adults, I think it's we have more experience than younger players and have the ability to do more in-depth reasoning abilities. I always love games that actually make me think and stump me a few times. There were a few games that I played when I was younger that seemed impossible to complete, but now that I am an adult, the games seem easier.