Growing Up

Discussion
LimeRain Avatar
LimeRain GB Regular **
Growing Up Posted May 22, 2018 14:33:03 GMT -7

Post by LimeRain on May 22, 2018 14:33:03 GMT -7

When did you realize you as a person have stopped plateauing and grown as a person?

Personally, When I came back from the Spring 2018 semester I was sitting down with an old boss who came to the shop I was running and we caught up. For the first time in years I put effort into school and actually had very good grades. I put time into learning and actually took interest in many topics. More importantly, talking about business and running one realizing when to just throw in your trowel and not bother, and not let people get to you since the customer is not always right.

Check out our academic mega thread!

Computer Scientist Undergrad with knowledge in Math & Psychology
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Gamer ***
Growing Up Posted May 23, 2018 15:57:30 GMT -7

Post by GamingLyfe on May 23, 2018 15:57:30 GMT -7

I would say after getting my own place. Having your own apartment or home of whatever kind comes with a massive amount of responsibility and takes discipline, maturity, and selflessness if living with others. All of which help grow a person in my opinion. I believe many are in mid to late stages of life and have yet to actually fully "grow", at least not to their highest potential. It takes change, risk, and sacrifice, which many aren't willing to fight and grow through.
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
Growing Up Posted May 23, 2018 17:06:48 GMT -7

Post by megannatasha on May 23, 2018 17:06:48 GMT -7

I feel as though I have grown as a person while I was in university. As mentioned it's about being selfless and understanding others POVs. For the first time I was challenged to look at myself through another persons eyes and challenge my thoughts and norms that were apart of my every day life. Now I work with children of different ages and backgrounds and get to help families with their developing children. Every day is different and has various challenges, but I think a big part of growing as a person is self reflection. :)
oo Avatar
oo GB Gamer ***
Growing Up Posted Nov 11, 2018 10:55:28 GMT -7

Post by oo on Nov 11, 2018 10:55:28 GMT -7

When you get a job and go live alone. Last year I was still with my parents, and as today I live alone, and I have my job.
Just figured up recently how much I grown up in just a year.