Are you guys missing PSP(Play Station Portable)?

Question
aayisha25 Avatar
aayisha25 GB Newbie *
thejason Avatar
thejason GB Gamer ***
thebestgamerz Avatar
thebestgamerz GB Newbie *

Post by thebestgamerz on Jul 26, 2018 12:02:54 GMT -7

Yes slightly, has even tho mobile phones are thousands of times better at rendering 3d models compared to when the PlayStation Portable came out, they are not powerful enough to do portable gaming well.

And before anyone brings up the Nintendo Switch, that console is massive too hold and has way too few games.
keranov Avatar
keranov GB Gamer ***
demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****

princesszelda Avatar
princesszelda GB Newbie *
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on May 3, 2019 17:06:28 GMT -7

PSP was the first console which I had ever seen jailbroken beyond soldering on a mod-chip to play *eherm* backed-up games. One of my childhood friends had a PSP with an NES emulator on it which could even rewind the games being run on it, that was a mind-blowing hack for me when the extent of my knowledge in game hacking was an ActionReplay and some very basic usage of CheatEngine.
I never owned my own PSP, though my brother got a PSP-Go and we might still have it somewhere, he was always very possessive of it and only ever got a handful of games for it anyway, so I wasn't particularly interested in it at the time. I should dig through some boxes and see if I can find that this summer, reviving the old thing could make a neat project if I find it. 

demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****

ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****

Post by demarco on May 31, 2019 20:34:36 GMT -7

The PSP is capable of running the DS through trial emulator homebrew. Their game was sown. But yes the PSP met their end the same way the SEGA Dreamcast did. They had no idea their software could run unsigned code and could not keep up with patching it.

SEGA never attempted to fix their unsigned code problem. Any burned copy of a game works on their system.

The PSP however started off with version 1.00, which could run unsigned code freely. It was patched in version 1.50 but it was reopened when a loophole was discovered in the code. 2.00 was the next version to be released which fixed the eboot load feature making homebrew runnable. As a response, custom firmware was invented to be used with version 2.71 and higher successfully. Custom firmware gave the features of version 1.5 with the compatibility of a higher version at the same time. This also allowed for a backup version of your favorite PSP games to be played from the Memory Stick. This was before the PSP GO was relased and was game changing for gamers. Sony lost HELLA money from this. Like seriously, they had to stop upgrading the version codes hack checks and develop new motherboards for their new 2000 and 3000 models. The newly marketed motherboards are called TA-83's. There is a TA-84 which is unhackable. Those unlucky buyers cant modify their PSP's at will. PSP 1000 (or fats), carry TA-78, and TA-79 motherboards. TA-79's require a different procedure to modify. The older your PSP the more liekly you can modify it.

Vu1canF0rce Avatar
Vu1canF0rce GB Gamer ***

Post by Vu1canF0rce on Jun 1, 2019 11:23:33 GMT -7

When I was a teenager my parents offered to get me one of these as either my Christmas or birthday gift, I don't remember that far back, but it would have been a big gift since we didn't make a lot. They thought I was crazy for not wanting it. I don't remember exactly why I didn't want it, maybe to save us some money, or I didn't think the small screen would be a "thing", I don't know, but whatever reason it was I was happy with not getting one. Apparently, they'd have been cool to have. I'm sure I'd still make the same decision again.
Andrew
Peach Cactus
demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****

Post by demarco on Aug 11, 2019 7:11:04 GMT -7

Nintendo has currently seen this problem in their switch since the beginning. A modifier took a look at their source code and bios and found their systems to be fully compromised before release. It can do the same homebrew features the PSP can. IDK someting bout playing all the classics on a handheld kept me on the PSP for 7 years.