Detective Pikachu

DiscussionNintendo
vedraii Avatar
vedraii GB Regular **

Post by vedraii on Apr 13, 2018 5:57:41 GMT -7

This is a serious question. I love more childish relaxed games like Animal Crossing or Stardew Valley and such. So I have had my eye on Detective Pikachu but it seems so expensive.

Does anyone have an opinion on it? Is it worth it's price point?

GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****

Post by GamingLyfe on Apr 13, 2018 14:56:57 GMT -7

I found the below trailer for Detective Pikachu on YouTube, it's not something that I'd usually play but I definitely understand what you mean about enjoying certain "childish" games. There are definitely a few old ones I'd still enjoy today like The Sims, Roller-coaster Tycoon, and of course many greatest releases on systems like the Super Nintendo, N64, Game Cube, etc. I'm not sure I can give you much information on it, other than I've seen it for the 3DS at Walmart for $49.96(CAD) which would convert to $39.61(USD) at the time of this posting.

Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
fantanoice Avatar
fantanoice GB Newbie *

Post by fantanoice on Jun 19, 2018 6:07:50 GMT -7

I've played a bit of it. I'd say it's closer to something like Phoenix Wright than Animal Crossing. However, you can tap Pikachu and he'll so cute things like drink coffee so you may enjoy that.

The game is pretty chill and the puzzles aren't too difficult. It's a great intro game for little ones and people that haven't played many of these types of games. Do you think that's something you'd enjoy?
Aussie Game Developer. Let me know your favourite podcast.
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on May 20, 2019 15:22:00 GMT -7

The game is pretty laidback and it's not too hard for the puzzles. For children and people who've not got to play many of these types of games, it's a great way to get back into gaming into this genre. Do you think your the type of gamer that would enjoy this title?

If you're unsure, why don't you do some research and watch some gameplay to see if Detective Pikachu is the right video game for you?
Last edited May 20, 2019 15:24:05 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
princesszelda Avatar
princesszelda GB Newbie *
demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****