should i take a break from csgo?

Question
victorgrant Avatar
victorgrant GB Newbie *

Post by victorgrant on Mar 24, 2018 7:20:05 GMT -7

Hi,

i started playing like trash and just csgo started to be boring. if i take the break for like 1-3 days will i start playing better? does a break help you guys? and if i have a break should i traing aim or just no csgo for few days?

Last edited Mar 24, 2018 21:16:26 GMT -7 by DanthEx
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Mar 26, 2018 12:58:36 GMT -7

Not a much of an FPS guy myself but, yes, taking a break from a game does help to alleviate tilt.
Go play something else for a few days or even weeks, come back to CSGO after you clear your head. If you're worried that taking a break would cause you to get rusty go play some different shooters.

As for being bored, maybe you just don't enjoy the game the way you used to; a break might not fix that.

GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****

Post by GamingLyfe on Mar 27, 2018 12:47:39 GMT -7

Like mentiond, you could always give something else a try, mix things up a little. Time away from a game can definitely help bring the fun back to it after your return. If you want to stick with FPS, what about TitanFall, Battlefield, Battlefront, Medal of Honor, BioShock, Far Cry, Doom, Half-Life, etc.
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****

DotD Avatar
DotD GB Newbie *
Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****

Post by Lanbo on Mar 27, 2018 21:48:13 GMT -7

Every couple months with League of Legends, I quit because it just doesn't feel the same. I come back after a while and while there is that period of rust, you'll get back to form with a game you've playing for years. When it stops being fun, I would highly recommend a break. It's definitely frustrating not playing and improving, and taking a couple of weeks even could be more beneficial than harmful. I think watching better players play and then looking at your gameplay is really important in LoL, but I'm not sure if that would help in an FPS.
sig
demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****

ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Mar 30, 2018 11:53:29 GMT -7

A break definitely helps. There's always a period where I get bored with FIFA every year, so I usually stop playing it that year for a few weeks or even a few months and try out some other games. After a while, I start to miss the game because I love football so I go back to playing it and I like it again. You tend to get bored of some games after a while especially if it's the only game you play a lot of, which is why I try to vary the games I play every day.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
keranov Avatar
keranov GB Gamer ***

Post by keranov on Apr 15, 2018 7:07:59 GMT -7

You should consider a break from Counter Strike: Global Offensive for some days or weeks. You are not doing great in a game which you do not enjoy. This is the reason why you can not kill someone. If you like simulators you can try Euro Truck Simulator 2 or Cities: Skylines. Grand Theft Auto V is also a good game, at least it used to be for me. When your break finish, come back to the game and rekt them all!
aayisha25 Avatar
aayisha25 GB Newbie *
oo Avatar
oo GB Gamer ***

Post by oo on Nov 8, 2018 15:27:45 GMT -7

A break will make you being even worse.
The only way to improve is playing; don't give up, if you feel like you are playing bad in competitive, improve your aim in deathmatch, and try to play with friends. That's the essence of the game, and never give up is one important point.
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Jan 2, 2019 6:49:49 GMT -7

Your not the only one! I'm trash in CSGO too. Taking a break is the worst possible decision you could make. "It's not about the destination, it's about the journey". The only way to improve is Practise, practise and more practise. Watching YouTube Tutorials on how to advance will also help. Stay strong!