M3RCILESS Clan Mascot

Fight Klin and the TokHaar-Kal cape

Guide
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****

Post by DanthEx on Mar 2, 2018 19:00:48 GMT -7

Fight Kiln - A simple guide

I was finally able to get my TokHaar-Kal cape(Ranged)from the Fight Kiln. Feel free to use a more detailed guide like this one to help you succeed, however, I'd like to share a few pointers that I found helped me through. It's more strategy and less gear+levels than you'd think. I hope this guide provides itself useful to you.

Strategy

I equipped the Obsidian set which was very helpful for reducing the hits I was taking while in the 37 Wave battle; The obsidian set offers a reduction of 55% while wearing the entire set and 45% without the kite-shield. I also wore the Tokkul-Zo ring which boosts damage against TzHaar, Fire or Obsidian creatures by 10%. For an aura, I activated the Vampyrism aura which gains life points equal to 5% of any damage you deal; this caps at 50 life points per hit. I would like to point out that a huge mistake I made during my first failed attempt at the Fight Kiln was not setting hotkeys for my prayers, which I find crucial while fighting the TokHaar-Jad.

Use the L shaped rock to the South for protection until Wave 28 or so, and then stand to the North of the center rock for protection from then on out, you'll mainly need to be wary of the Jad's. If the Jad stands on his back legs, he's about to cast a mage attack, if he stomps the ground, it'll be a ranged attack, and if you're close enough, he will, of course, use a melee attack, protect yourself from each attack accordingly using your prayer hotkeys, have each prayer setup in your Action bar using key-binds.

For Inventory/Potions you'll want to take these flasks(6):

• 2x Overloads
  • 3x Super-restores
  • 2x Prayer renewals
  • 2x Saradomin brews
  • 1x Weapon poison++
  • Pickaxe(for the TokHaar-Ket-Dills)

Optional: You can also take a Unicorn stallion pouch with Healing aura scroll's which could heal you as a last resort.

For your Pack Yak or Pack Mammoth take an extra of each potion above, and fill the rest of your inventory and familiars inventory with Rocktails(heals ~2,300).

After each round check the center of the arena for these Crystals:

Invulnerability (Waves: 1, 13, 25 - Invulnerability for 30 seconds
Restoration    (Waves: 3, 15, 27 - Fully restores prayer points and life points
Magic           (Waves: 5, 17, 29 - Boosts Magic by 50% for 3.5 minutes but also significantly reduces Defence, Strength, and Ranged
Ranged         (Waves: 7, 19, 31 - Boosts Ranged by 50% for 3.5 minutes but also significantly reduces Defence, Strength, and Magic
Strength       (Waves: 9, 21, 33 - Boosts Strength by 50% for 3.5 minutes but also significantly reduces Defence, Ranged, and Magic
Constitution  (Waves: 11, 23, 35 - Boosts Constitution by 50% for 3.5 minutes

Use these crystals as needed, I'd recommend saving them for Wave 32+, for more information regarding these crystals, refer to the Fight Kiln wiki page. Once you reach Har-Aken at Wave 37, be sure to re-pot as this is your last battle. Choose the corner with the least amount of tentacles and kill them, then use the same corner to stay out of range of the rest while you await Har-Aken to resurface from the lava. Hit him when all your might whenever you get a chance. Once you defeat Har-Aken you'll be given the option to choose your reward of either the TokHaar-Kal cape(that represents the attack style you used for majority of the Fight Kiln) or an uncut onyx. If you feel the need to take a break anytime during the Fight Kiln click on the logout button, you will be automatically logged out after all the mobs on your current wave have been defeated. Once you re-log, you will continue the battle where you left off.

Goodluck, have fun, and if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to reply below.

A display of the Range, Magic, and Melee TokHaar-Kal

Last edited Mar 28, 2019 20:27:00 GMT -7 by DanthEx
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

M3RCILESS on RuneClan