Left or Right Handed

Question
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Feb 26, 2018 2:29:13 GMT -7

Do you write with your left or right hand? I naturally try any tasks or assignements with my right hand, so I'm guessing it's my dominant hand. However, when it comes to typing I have no problem using both hands for the task.
Last edited Feb 26, 2018 2:40:44 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
thejason Avatar
thejason GB Gamer ***

Post by thejason on Apr 1, 2018 1:29:34 GMT -7

I'm right-handed but being a drummer, I want to develop both hands equally and also both feet !! Is anyone else into coordination instruments, sports etc..? Anyway I can play a rock beat with either the left or right foot.
Last edited Apr 1, 2018 1:30:25 GMT -7 by thejason
lanbo Avatar
lanbo GB Gamer ***

Post by lanbo on Apr 1, 2018 16:11:46 GMT -7

Using both hands for typing is definitely the norm. Keyboards are designed for two hands! I'm right-handed and I pretty much use my right for everything but in basketball, I like finishing at the rim with either hand. It makes layups hard to predict for the defense. :D
sig
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Apr 3, 2018 13:29:29 GMT -7

I am right handed. I guess it's not that much of a surprise considering most of the world will also be right-handed. I can't write with my left hand at all either, I know that some people can actually use both hands which I envy really, my handwriting when using my left-hand to write with is just awful lol. It's barely legible.

It would be interesting to get the actual statistics of how many people are right-handed versus left-handed. I would think it would be something like 65% to 35%.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
thejason Avatar
thejason GB Gamer ***

Post by thejason on Apr 4, 2018 22:22:26 GMT -7

lanbo Avatar
Using both hands for typing is definitely the norm. Keyboards are designed for two hands! I'm right-handed and I pretty much use my right for everything but in basketball, I like finishing at the rim with either hand. It makes layups hard to predict for the defense. :D

I think typing is a major exception and I think people can become less oriented toward one thing via practice - as with drumming.  Anyway, any clue on why people are left or right oriented (not as in politics, LOL)?
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
fathima Avatar
fathima GB Newbie *

Post by fathima on Apr 18, 2018 5:09:44 GMT -7

xxinfectedxx Avatar
Do you write with your left or right hand? I naturally try any tasks or assignements with my right hand, so I'm guessing it's my dominant hand. However, when it comes to typing I have no problem using both hands for the task.
I'm a right handed... I always use my right for writing drawing etc...But when it comes to typing i too don't having problem on using the both hands...
fathima Avatar
fathima GB Newbie *
fathima Avatar
fathima GB Newbie *

Post by fathima on Apr 18, 2018 5:13:30 GMT -7

ash Avatar
I am right handed. I guess it's not that much of a surprise considering most of the world will also be right-handed. I can't write with my left hand at all either, I know that some people can actually use both hands which I envy really, my handwriting when using my left-hand to write with is just awful lol. It's barely legible.

It would be interesting to get the actual statistics of how many people are right-handed versus left-handed. I would think it would be something like 65% to 35%.
My cousin too left handed... he was amazing in writing and even in drawing.. And i guess everyone's handwriting would be awful except those left handed LOL :D
keranov Avatar
keranov GB Gamer ***

Post by keranov on Apr 19, 2018 11:03:49 GMT -7

I do almost everything with my right hand. I can not type with my left hand or do something more complicated, just some basic tasks.

Most people in the world have their right hand as a main one. It is also the same thing with legs.
Last edited Apr 19, 2018 11:04:39 GMT -7 by keranov
0verki11 Avatar
0verki11 GB Newbie *
empire Avatar
empire GB Gamer ***

Post by empire on Jun 1, 2018 10:00:38 GMT -7

Right handed person. I did try to use my left but not easy! or wasn't the case it was easy! It's just that I'm not used to using the left. My nan is an left handed person. I know people that can use there left and right! LOL
Saints4ever Avatar
Saints4ever GB Gamer ***
Help is only a Bubble away...

Post by Ben the tick on Jun 10, 2018 12:27:00 GMT -7

I'm a lefty for writing, but for absolutely everything else like sports and stuff, I'm a righty, is weird, I was also apparently ambidextrous as a kid, but lost the skill from not practicing it.
antonline Avatar
antonline GB Regular **