Games with Ads

DiscussionQuestion
oo Avatar
oo GB Gamer ***

Post by oo on Nov 5, 2018 4:47:57 GMT -7

If I was to find a game which attracts me and which I'd play for years, I'd prefer without any ads (even if I have to pay a little less).
But well, I did not find yet a game like that.
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Jan 3, 2019 6:05:59 GMT -7

Adding the topic, I recently ended up purchasing an upgrade in Smash Hit for £1.99 on the Google Play Store a few months ago. The upgrade included no advertisements by Google and the ability to resume checkpoints from where you died from. Definitely worth it, got so much more enjoyment compared to the free version. 
Last edited Jan 3, 2019 6:07:08 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
lucky Avatar
lucky GB Newbie *

Post by lucky on Jan 3, 2019 19:56:41 GMT -7

It really depends. I have installed a few games where every-other screen is an ad and after a while, it just interferes with the game. If it's not too bad and I actually enjoy the game, then I will most likely pay the extra to remove the ads so I can see myself playing the game for a bit. However, I find myself uninstalling apps right after installing if it's just too many ads right away, just not cool.
Vu1canF0rce Avatar
Vu1canF0rce GB Gamer ***

Post by Vu1canF0rce on Jan 31, 2019 21:56:01 GMT -7

Easy one for me. Absolutely hate it. I get it from a business standpoint, but I hate it as a consumer. I'm already inundated with ads or commercials in radio, TV and on-demand, and online media streaming options, so I hate it is in gaming, of course, as well. We can't catch a break without paying. But such is the world we live in I guess.
Andrew
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****

Post by GamingLyfe on Feb 2, 2019 9:54:10 GMT -7

Games with ad's drive me crazy, especially when they make the 'X' intentionally super small so you're more likely to accidentally click on the advertisement. I also understand that it's usually necessary to help fund the game, although, there are better ways IMO.
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Mar 23, 2019 4:32:29 GMT -7

GamingLyfe Avatar
Games with ad's drive me crazy, especially when they make the 'X' intentionally super small so you're more likely to accidentally click on the advertisement. I also understand that it's usually necessary to help fund the game, although, there are better ways IMO.
I hate this. A few websites do this as well and it really annoys me. Some of them have fake X's as well which don't actually close the ad which is even more annoying.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
princesszelda Avatar
princesszelda GB Newbie *

Post by princesszelda on Mar 30, 2019 11:14:37 GMT -7

Ads are terrible but they are needed to keep most aps up and running unfortunately. I play a Cat Picross game that requires ads and one update there was an ad that you could not click out of without it taking you to the app download screen, super tilting nonetheless.
JoyFreak Avatar
JoyFreak GB Newbie *

Post by JoyFreak on Apr 24, 2019 8:13:34 GMT -7

I don't mind ads as long as they aren't displayed in such a way that is annoying.. I have played games that force you to click the ad and then I end up closing the application because of it. If it's free, it's their way of making money and I am OK with that.