Games with Ads

DiscussionQuestion
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Feb 23, 2018 12:09:53 GMT -7

Do you guys try to stay away from free games that have advertisements all over the place? Or do you not mind the advertisements since the game is free to download and play? Personally, I don't mind as long as it doesn't affect the gameplay too much. One or two ads that show up between the menu and the actual game, I don't mind. But if there are ads popping up all the time including whilst I am playing the game then I would uninstall it straight away.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
gimmeafrown Avatar
gimmeafrown GB Newbie *

Post by gimmeafrown on Feb 25, 2018 9:49:23 GMT -7

I have always been under the impression that 1 or 2 ads while the app is open will eventually lead to a full-on assault. Therefore, I don't do any gaming on my Android. I can see it coming.
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****

Post by GamingLyfe on Feb 25, 2018 22:41:06 GMT -7

If I'm heavily spammed with ads anywhere I tend to avoid returning to that app, game, station, website, etc. I'm not keen on taking part of this conditioning process of wasting a large portion of my free time for entertainment being brainwashed into buying something. I still remember when YouTube brought on ads within their videos, it was so disappointing.
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
gamingguy Avatar
gamingguy GB Newbie *

Post by gamingguy on Feb 27, 2018 8:59:33 GMT -7

I don't usually play games on my phone but when I have in the past I did find the ads to be annoying. When I got really annoyed with it I just deleted the game off my phone and don't bother anymore. There really should be a limit on how many ads they can put on games.
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

InMyOpinion Avatar
InMyOpinion GB Newbie *

Post by InMyOpinion on Apr 16, 2018 20:04:42 GMT -7

I don't mind a few ads in a game because I understand that the game creators have to make some money too. However, I do not like being bombarded with ads or having to watch ad after ad. I feel as though finding a game with no ads can be pretty tough, I can't think of a game that I've played that doesn't have any ads whatsoever. Ads are inevitable though I do think that some games can have way too many ads than it's worth.
thejason Avatar
thejason GB Gamer ***

Post by thejason on Apr 17, 2018 1:13:11 GMT -7

I see this method of money-making as very defeating, to be honest. I don't even know why game makers would consider it. However, though, it must be profitable.
keranov Avatar
keranov GB Gamer ***

Post by keranov on Apr 17, 2018 10:36:26 GMT -7

I personally do not mind games with ads because I play them offline. But I will have no problems with an ad staying at the bottom of the screen.

There are no ads for games like Clash Royale and Clash of Clans which I am happy about.

I have played a lot of mobile games and these 2 are my favourite ones.
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on May 8, 2018 13:12:39 GMT -7

thejason Avatar
I see this method of money-making as very defeating, to be honest. I don't even know why game makers would consider it. However, though, it must be profitable.
Well, it's quite obvious really, they need to make some money from it. Most of these developers release their game for free and then add things like advertisements or even micro-transactions to the game to be able to make money from the game. It's the only way to do so if they don't want to charge users to buy the game before playing it. It's quite profitable because it's the main reason why a lot of games and apps are free and not a premium app. I think it is fair since the developers have to make money somehow. The problem, of course, is when they overload us with ads.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
empire Avatar
empire GB Gamer ***

Post by empire on May 31, 2018 5:08:29 GMT -7

Just about ever app games (not just games) they all have adverts. I mean you can not get away from them. Most that do have ads are free to use and download and also to proofs that your phone is always online. If you had an game that plays offline and shows ads then put your phone in offline mode and then you see white bleak affect.

unless you pay so much to remove the ads. Advert are an pain they take part of your screen.
claraviolet Avatar
claraviolet GB Newbie *

Post by claraviolet on May 31, 2018 8:32:38 GMT -7

I usually don't mind ads in the games, that I play in my mobile phone. Well, the designers wouldn't get anything for it and not to mention that we could enjoy it for free is good enough. I don't like too many ads though. Some games wouldn't allow you to close some videos until the very end and that's rather annoying.

I do understand that 5 or 10 seconds doesn't matter to them but it matters to me. I don't like the ads in dumb ways to die, hopeless and some other games as well. If possible, I would like to see image ads in a game and that to once or twice a day. Then it would be an ideal way to play games, for me.

Post by Ben the tick on Jun 7, 2018 5:56:12 GMT -7

I've noticed a bit of a trend when it comes to ads on mobile, originally they were a banner ad here, a splash screen when you died over there. But now, they sneak them in EVERYWHERE on freemium games, oh you harvested your daily bonus, WATCH AN AD TO DOUBLE IT, banner ad at the bottom too, TRIPLE YOUR PRODUCTION SPEED BY WATCHING THIS VIDEO. They and try make themselves look good by making the ads optional, while also bombarding us with unskippables, always on ads.

I dont think mobile developers want us the play their games anymore, it's a test of how long they can keep you playing before you say that the ads arent worth it anymore.
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Jun 10, 2018 12:47:58 GMT -7

I don't mind the advertisements on mobile applications as they are free and they have to make some revenue to support the service they provide, if they want to continue making free apps as unfortunately nothing in world is for free. However, I am against the app developers putting more than 2 ads as I will be under the impression that the advertisements will be all over place and will cause the application to crash. Personally speaking, I can't remember the app name I downloaded, but I remember it was a gaming app, and every time you click a button such as "play" or "upgrade " a 30 second video played. This was very frustrating so I ended up uninstalling it. 
Last edited Jun 10, 2018 12:50:10 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
antonline Avatar
antonline GB Regular **

Post by antonline on Jul 24, 2018 20:30:03 GMT -7

If the app is free I expect and accept ads. It's alright, as long as they aren't too pushy and display on every other page. Devs of free apps should get a little bit of something.