PS Plus Membership

Discussion
Queen Avatar
Queen GB Newbie *

Post by Queen on Feb 22, 2018 6:04:57 GMT -7

Should I subscribe to the PlayStation Plus network? The monthly free games look promising. I know they are not the titles we're waiting for decades to play, but it's an easy way to experience smaller games and find new favorites outside the big ones. Are they worth the price, though? I believe I don't miss any huge perks by not becoming a member this far (I don't exactly care for the PS4 themes or little details like that), but please correct me if I'm wrong.
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****

Post by DanthEx on Feb 22, 2018 9:52:02 GMT -7

PlayStation+ carries it's benefits for sure, I took advantage of the free games to mix things up, even if they were only demos. You need it these days to play online with the PS4, however it's still free over the PS3 network. I believe between the free games, discounts, and exclusive betas the PlayStation+ membership is well worth it.  These days there are even more perks to having PS+ and it seems more on the way like the full game trials for the PS4. I feel it's a small price to pay for a stable, secure, and benefit loaded network, however, you could always try the free trial to be sure it's right for you. more info from PlayStation.com

Last edited Feb 22, 2018 9:52:55 GMT -7 by DanthEx
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****

Post by GamingLyfe on Feb 22, 2018 14:08:42 GMT -7

I would say it's worth it if you're actively playing the system. I'm assuming since you mentioned the PS4 themes, you have the PS4 - meaning you'll need the PS+ for online multiplayer anyway.
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Feb 23, 2018 12:05:35 GMT -7

Like I said for the Xbox Gold membership, it's not worth it all unless you actually like some of the free games they give out. Personally, if they didn't require PlayStation Plus to play online then I wouldn't pay for it at all because it's just a rip-off. What makes it worse is that a lot of people aren't happy with the service but they had the audacity to increase the price by £10 for certain countries which is just awful. If you don't play online that much then I would stay away from it, to be honest with you.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
Queen Avatar
Queen GB Newbie *

Post by Queen on Feb 26, 2018 8:57:27 GMT -7

Aren't trials/demos supposed to be free? I thought some smaller, shorter games would also be free. It's nice to have discounts, but how much do you actually benefit when you have to pay to get the discounts? It seems only possible if you buy a lot of games every month. It's true that I don't play that many games, especially the online multiplayer ones, so I relate more to 's comment.
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****

Post by DanthEx on Feb 26, 2018 9:03:59 GMT -7

Queen Avatar
Aren't trials/demos supposed to be free? I thought some smaller, shorter games would also be free. It's nice to have discounts, but how much do you actually benefit when you have to pay to get the discounts? It seems only possible if you buy a lot of games every month. It's true that I don't play that many games, especially the online multiplayer ones, so I relate more to 's comment.

Yes, sorry, I meant the full game trials, although I did take advantage of some demos that were offered from the store. I also agree with the cost to benefit ratio, it may not work for everyone, but for anyone looking to game online, it's a must.
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on May 14, 2019 2:30:46 GMT -7

Yes and no. I'd say it's worth it if you play the system actively and take advantage of all the advantages that Sony has to offer. PS Plus seems a good deal for me as a gamer. 
Last edited May 14, 2019 2:31:23 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx