Club Penguin

Discussion
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Feb 17, 2018 4:26:51 GMT -7

Not totally sure if this can be counted as an "Old School" game but since it has now closed, I guess you could class it as some sort of a "classic". I used to love playing this game when I was younger. I remember playing it in its early days and it was just so much fun. And then they started expanding slightly bringing out trading cards, toys etc. and it was just amazing. Those were also the days that MSN still existed so coming back home from school, going on MSN and arranging to meet on CP was just great. Anyone else played it?

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Mar 1, 2018 3:33:47 GMT -7

3 days now from now, March 4th all Club Penguin Game servers will be shutdown; there is an announcement on there website. Club Penguin created a YouTube rembrance video which can be found here, there were some good memories, I remember spending playing countless hours, the good old days.    
Last edited Mar 1, 2018 4:25:41 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****

Post by GamingLyfe on Mar 1, 2018 10:41:19 GMT -7

I've never heard of Club Penguin, but it's always unfortunate to see an old-school gaming business fade, such as GameSpy Arcade. I would love to go back to the old days! Gaming,(and life) was so much simpler.
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****

Post by megannatasha on Mar 1, 2018 15:11:00 GMT -7

I remember when Microsoft had a game center similar to GameSpy arcade, where you could play against other players on games like Age of Empires. I don't remember Club Penguin, though.
gamingguy Avatar
gamingguy GB Newbie *
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Apr 3, 2018 13:45:42 GMT -7

xxinfectedxx Avatar
3 days now from now, March 4th all Club Penguin Game servers will be shutdown; there is an announcement on there website. Club Penguin created a YouTube rembrance video which can be found here, there were some good memories, I remember spending playing countless hours, the good old days.    
I'm sure it closed way before the 4th of March. I think you might be talking about Club Penguin Rewritten which was launched after the original Club Penguin closed down by some fans so that people could still play Club Penguin. But, yeah the fans version of Club Penguin closed down recently which was quite sad although there are so many other servers out there that will still let you play Club Penguin so it's not too bad.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!