Clash of Clans

Discussion
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Feb 13, 2018 12:18:03 GMT -7

Clash of Clans is an extremely popular mobile game by Supercell. I remember getting absolutely addicted to this game a few years ago when I was still in school. We had a school clan (well just the ones in our year) and it was great. Whenever we had free time during break, it was time for all of us to go and attack other bases whenever there was a war :D. But after around a year or two, I got bored of it. I believe I was at town hall 9 where it just got a bit boring having to just grind resources to just upgrade on wall. I ended up selling my account and got a decent amount for it as well. Did anyone else play this game?

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Mar 14, 2018 2:41:17 GMT -7

Clash of Clans is a mobile game. I've played it before and from past experience, it's a terrible game to have on your phone, why? There are disadvantages of the game and they are the following: Quite expensive if your impatient for building in the game, addictive, and the wait times for things to build or troops to be trained
Last edited Mar 14, 2018 2:45:41 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on Mar 14, 2018 9:23:06 GMT -7

I've played Clash of Clans since it was released in 2012, I'm currently sitting at level 140. I don't waste my $ on gems anymore, atleast not since they raised the original prices. It's not worth it, don't pay to advance in a game, play it. It does require some patience, however, there have been updates over the years that help speed things up a little. Although, I don't play this game for hours on end, it's just something I like to log into the odd time to make a few changes or engage in a couple of battles. It's definitely a great way to pass the time, my only recommendation is that you don't rush your base, waste money on gems, or play without wifi unless you have a decent data plan.
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****

Post by megannatasha on Mar 14, 2018 15:49:34 GMT -7

Clash of Clans was fun for a little while, however I stopped playing after reaching maybe the 3rd or 4th Town Hall level. I find it hard to stick with mobile games these days, as most of them are just money grabs and don't provide enough updates IMO. Clash is definitely worth giving a shot however, if it's your type you'll probably find yourself addicted quite fast.
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****

Post by GamingLyfe on Mar 16, 2018 18:37:18 GMT -7

Clash of Clans can definitely be a lot of fun, however since the game has been out for so long, there are many pro players. Don't rush your base and just enjoy the adventure, as with all games don't take it too seriously and I think you'll find this to be an enjoyable pass-time, especially being mobile. With the release of the second island(builders) it keeps me busy and the game is still enjoyable after all of these years. It's nice to see SuperCell staying on top of the updates to keep things interesting.
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
keranov Avatar
keranov GB Gamer ***

Post by keranov on Apr 15, 2018 3:18:49 GMT -7

I have been very addicted to Clash of Clans before. It was very fun and interesting back in the days. I think I started to play the game in 2014 or 2015, not sure. I spent like 6-7 hours per day playing it and much more over the night. When I first started I was a complete noob and did not know much about the game. I got to Town Hall 8 and then suddenly lost interest. After some time I got back to Clash of Clans and then again quit. This cycle repeated like 4-5 times. I think I will start to play it again soon.
Last edited Apr 15, 2018 3:21:30 GMT -7 by keranov
antonline Avatar
antonline GB Regular **

Post by antonline on Jul 24, 2018 20:31:05 GMT -7

It's way too popular than it should be. There are a hundred other games that operate under the same model. I dislike these kinds of games because I see them all as pay2win. I'll admit I did have CoC for a while but it just got boring.
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****

Post by megannatasha on Jul 25, 2018 8:18:49 GMT -7

antonline Avatar
It's way too popular than it should be. There are a hundred other games that operate under the same model. I dislike these kinds of games because I see them all as pay2win. I'll admit I did have CoC for a while but it just got boring.

I cannot stand Pay To Win(P2W) games! It's such silly concept really.. allowing those with more disposable income mass advantages, those games are inevitably going to die in the end since real gamers don't hang on to trash like that. 
antonline Avatar
antonline GB Regular **

Post by antonline on Jul 25, 2018 11:15:07 GMT -7

megannatasha Avatar
antonline Avatar
I cannot stand Pay To Win(P2W) games! It's such silly concept really.. allowing those with more disposable income mass advantages, those games are inevitably going to die in the end since real gamers don't hang on to trash like that. 
Yeah, and the thing is with P2W games is that you never really can have an advantage. If I spend $50 on game perks all I'm going to do is rank faster so that I'm in the same competitive pool as everyone else that spent money on the game :/
oo Avatar
oo GB Gamer ***
daniel Avatar
daniel GB Newbie *

Post by daniel on Jan 1, 2019 10:32:24 GMT -7

I used to actively play this game as well and some of my family members joined in. Like the OP said it started to become to much of a grind to the point it wasn't fun anymore.