Xbox or PC?

DiscussionQuestion
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****

Post by DanthEx on Nov 23, 2017 6:45:16 GMT -7

I find it hard to answer this question because I play a different variety of games on the PC than I would on the Xbox. I currently no longer posses a Xbox system as I sold my Xbox One a couple of months ago as I didn't have time to play due to work. However, I do plan on getting a new console in the near future because it provides a different gaming environment in my option than the PC.

Using a controller has it's advantages over the keyboard+mouse, although I know you can purchase a controller for the PC, I just don't feel it's the same. I guess that's because I grew up on console based games for the most part.
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
antonline Avatar
antonline GB Regular **
keranov Avatar
keranov GB Gamer ***
Xbox or PC? Posted Jul 25, 2018 11:27:17 GMT -7

Post by keranov on Jul 25, 2018 11:27:17 GMT -7

I always have played games on my PC. Most of the games which I enjoy aren't available for consoles and on a computer I can do much more things rather than just gaming.
oo Avatar
oo GB Gamer ***

Post by oo on Nov 5, 2018 4:51:05 GMT -7

Computer here without any doubt.
Even though the "Computer" is more expensive than the Xbox, the games are way cheaper. Plus you have enjoy more than 60 FPS/ enjoy it in a higher than 60HZ screen, and live the game better. 
Also if you are into FPS gaming or battleroyale, there is no doubt here.
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Jan 2, 2019 7:31:56 GMT -7

oo Avatar
Even though the "Computer" is more expensive than the Xbox, the games are way cheaper. Plus you have enjoy more than 60 FPS/ enjoy it in a higher than 60HZ screen, and live the game better. 
What are your computer specifications and what video games do you own? How may monitors, one, two or three? Recently this year, I purchased a high end gaming Laptop.  Where would the cheapest place to buy digital copies of games?
Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****

Post by Lanbo on Jan 2, 2019 8:10:38 GMT -7

xxinfectedxx Avatar
oo Avatar
What are your computer specifications and what video games do you own? How may monitors, one, two or three? Recently this year, I purchased a high end gaming Laptop.  Where would the cheapest place to buy digital copies of games?
I think two monitors is pretty ideal, one for your game and one for whatever else. On Reddit, there's a sub called GameDeals (or something like that) where they post a lotta deals. Another site is IsThereAnyDeal.com. You just type in the game you're interested in and it finds the cheapest price. My friend was gonna buy Black Ops on Black Friday for $42 from Best Buy; I checked the site and saw it was $37.99 right next door and saved her some easy cash. Of course, there's the monthly Humble bundles where you can get it for ~$12 IIRC. 
sig
lucky Avatar
lucky GB Newbie *

Post by lucky on Jan 3, 2019 20:09:11 GMT -7

I used to play my Xbox a lot early last year. However, after playing 3 different games, I just stopped playing for some reason. I find myself opening Steam more on my desktop because I am already on it most of the time anyway, so it's handier. I have my Xbox controller connected to my desktop, so it's just easier. I might get back into playing console again if I have the time.
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***
Xbox or PC? Posted Jan 18, 2019 12:23:27 GMT -7

Post by ash on Jan 18, 2019 12:23:27 GMT -7

I'm a console gamer. I don't really game on the PC, mainly because I don't have a powerful enough laptop or desktop to play my favourite games on. My PlayStation 4 is good enough and I don't have any problems with it. However, I do want to get into PC gaming at some point because I would love to play some of the simulators available on PC.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
Andrew Avatar
Andrew GB Regular **
Xbox or PC? Posted Jan 31, 2019 21:34:34 GMT -7

Post by Andrew on Jan 31, 2019 21:34:34 GMT -7

I used to game on the PC way back in the day with games like the S.W.A.T. franchise, Earthworm Jim (yeah, whatever), or whatever flavor of game I was playing back then. The then-consoles had a separate "space" in the gaming world, at least for me. I would play whatever games on NES or SNES, but the PC was more facinating and cutting-edge when I was playing games then. It wasn't until the dawning of the PlayStation (one) that captivated me and I left playing PC games behind. Yes, this timeline doesn't lineup with release and stuff, but it's just the flow of when we got a PC or gaming console back in the day.

I custom built my current computer I'm typing this from around 12 years ago, and I got back into gaming a lot (Halo, Sims, S.W.A.T., and more), but I was still easily drawn to console games. Now that we've had advancements and interoperability of PC gaming (read: big-title games coming out on console as well as with Steam for PC simultaneously) in the last 5 or so, it has intrigued me to get back into PC gaming. However, and unfortunately, my PC did not magically upgrade so I can barely play any modern game. Sure I bought an Xbox One X not terribly long ago, but it was much cheaper than a custom build. I have other monetary responsibilities that easily take precedence over forking out the large sum of cash for another custom build PC like I did all those years ago.

I rant too much, sorry. Safe to say, I think I'll stick to console gaming for the foreseeable future.
Andrew