What song are you listening to?

Question
lanbo Avatar
lanbo GB Gamer ***

Post by lanbo on Sept 7, 2017 10:52:18 GMT -7

Feel like sharing what you're listening to while you grind that last level or while you're at work or hitting the rift? Post that song here to get the rest of us in on it. (Or audiobook or podcast or whatever you have playing)
sig
lanbo Avatar
lanbo GB Gamer ***
Last edited Sept 7, 2017 12:11:37 GMT -7 by lanbo
sig
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****
Last edited Sept 8, 2017 13:05:09 GMT -7 by DanthEx
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****
Last edited Sept 12, 2017 21:50:40 GMT -7 by DanthEx
LimeRain Avatar
LimeRain GB Regular **
Last edited Sept 13, 2017 14:20:58 GMT -7 by DanthEx

Check out our academic mega thread!

Computer Scientist Undergrad with knowledge in Math & Psychology
lanbo Avatar
lanbo GB Gamer ***
sig
Apocalyssa Avatar
Apocalyssa GB Newbie *

Post by Apocalyssa on Sept 13, 2017 23:17:41 GMT -7

Well it really depends on the mood and the game. Late at night when I'm either playing League of Legends or Runescape I put a rock/metal playlist.

Deftones - Rosemary [Koi No Yokan album]

When it's a fun relaxing game like Terraria, Starbound or Stardew Valley (My favourite singleplayer game!), I like to put some The Dear Hunter and listen to the full story. They have so many songs! I don't have a favourite one but it kinda depends on my mood.
My top 5 would be:

1. The Bitter Suite IV and V: The Congregation and the Sermon in the Silt,
2. His Hands Matched His Tongue,
3. The Oracles on the Delphi Express's Outro unto The Church and the Dime,
4. Light,
5. At the End of the Earth.

At this moment I would pick King of Swords (Reversed) because of the disco vibe it has.

The Dear Hunter - King of Swords (Reversed) [Act IV: Rebirth in Reprise]

Now when it comes to playing Runescape or League of Legends in the day, I just put some chill/relaxing playlist I find on Spotify or full albums on Youtube. Few example I have are We Lost The Sea, KOAN Sound, Haywyre's album Two Fold (Part 1 and 2) and finally some chill Deftones songs.

KOAN Sound x Sorrow x Asa x Culprate - Mix

Now I'm gonna fangirl some more on Casey Crescenzo.
I've discovered The Dear Hunter when I was bored on some random-stranger chat site like chatroulette. A met a guy and we shared some songs. He didn't get into Deftones but then I started to listen to TDH more seriously. I listened to the first album, not understanding anything about it. Then I read their wikipedia page and I noticed that they actually tell a story in their albums. It starts off with Act 1 and they're gonna finish with Act 6 (Which is not out yet). They began recording in 2006 after Casey Crescenzo (Lead singer and musician of the band) was kicked out of his old band The Receiving End of Sirens. I kinda figured out what the story was telling and it's about the birth, the life and the death of a man. I could go on and on about the full story but if you are really interested I suggest that you listen to all the albums which would be approximately 6 hours long. My least favourite album would be the 3rd because it's mostly about war, murder and death. My favourite one would be the 4th because of the instrumental variety. 

Here are the links to the albums, all in one!!:

Ok now I'm done lol.
Last edited Sept 13, 2017 23:30:46 GMT -7 by Apocalyssa
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****
empire Avatar
empire GB Gamer ***
Apocalyssa Avatar
Apocalyssa GB Newbie *

Post by Apocalyssa on Sept 15, 2017 11:31:18 GMT -7

For the DoubleXP Weekend I'm going to share with you guys my "skilling" playlist. :P Most of it is metal.

The link should lead you to the first song of the playlist, just click on the title and you'll be able to have the full list.
Last edited Sept 15, 2017 11:32:59 GMT -7 by Apocalyssa
demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****

mrsdragoon Avatar
mrsdragoon GB Newbie *
lanbo Avatar
lanbo GB Gamer ***
Last edited Sept 19, 2017 14:39:56 GMT -7 by lanbo
sig
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****
empire Avatar