Which console is the best?

DiscussionQuestion
simonweb Avatar
simonweb GB Newbie *

Post by simonweb on Aug 23, 2017 12:41:03 GMT -7

Which console is the best right now in your opinion?

Personally, and I know many will probably disagree with me, I think the Xbox One (S/X) is the best console this generation. I've always been a Playstation fan since I began playing on consoles back in the days with the Playstation 2. But right now I think my Xbox One S console is much better than the Playstation 4.

Obviously the Xbox One has the games I want to play, with a few exceptions that are only available on Playstation. And the graphics might not be "PC master race" quality, but they are acceptable for me and not worse or better in my opinion than what Sony is currently offering with their PS4. It's the top notch integration with Windows 10 that makes Xbox one the best console today. I can purchase Xbox Play Anywhere games, I can easily stream movies and TV from my computer to my Xbox, I can play games from my Xbox on my computer via wifi, and the home menu and overall UI of the Xbox system is just more fresh and modern than the PS4 UI - which frankly has looked the same since the PS3.
Last edited Aug 23, 2017 12:42:47 GMT -7 by simonweb
lucario Avatar
lucario GB Newbie *

Post by lucario on Aug 25, 2017 14:45:48 GMT -7

Yeah, I strongly disagree with you on that one.

IMO it's the PlayStation 4. It could be that there are exclusives on the PS4 that makes me like it more than the Xbox One, so I can't judge if it's really better. I just prefer it to the Xbox 1. Games like Persona 5 and stuff are what I'm into :D

I really wish the Nintendo Switch would get some games that are headed to the other consoles though.
empire Avatar
empire GB Gamer ***

Post by empire on Sept 5, 2017 6:17:03 GMT -7

It doesn't come down to what is the best! end of the day people tend to have both or more platforms and it comes down to that person on what they like. I Don't have an console just an big PC Gaming person. And in my case I say that PC is the best. but don't judge me.

I find also that the good old PS2 was very good back in the day and I don't mind getting hold of one
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****

Post by DanthEx on Sept 5, 2017 13:01:32 GMT -7

I think every console has a different fan base.

Wii
= Nintendo classic fans,
Xbox = Halo, Forza, Gears of War,
PlayStation
= Infamous, KillZone, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted

Obviously there are many more but I'm just naming some of the top of my head. To boil down which one is 'best' is hard because each has it's own purpose.
Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****

Post by Lanbo on Sept 5, 2017 22:13:36 GMT -7

I have a Wii and a Playstation I never play on anymore. I never had an Xbox of any kind but I've played on friends' Xboxs a bunch. Howeverrrrrr, I just watched the Ratchet & Clank movie last month so I gotta give this one to Sony (I'd give the movie a 7/10 based on nostalgia only lel).
Last edited Sept 5, 2017 22:14:03 GMT -7 by Lanbo
sig
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Nov 24, 2017 6:19:40 GMT -7

I think every console is unique and different and it is down to the individual's preference which console he likes. I like the Microsoft Consoles, and I always will. They are the best, and I could tell many reasons why I like Xbox Consoles.
Last edited Nov 24, 2017 6:25:14 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
thorina Avatar
thorina GB Newbie *

Post by thorina on Feb 13, 2018 19:28:10 GMT -7

I'm gonna go with PlayStation 4 because it's the one I have right now, and until I can try the new XBox One S for myself, I will reserve my opinion. I get all of the games that I like on PS4 so I don't see myself changing consoles anytime soon, though.
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Feb 18, 2018 13:47:14 GMT -7

It's a pretty easy decision for me. I'm not even going to consider the PS4 Pro or the Xbox One X because I just don't know even about it so I don't know which out of the two I would probably choose. In terms of the consoles before that, it would have to be the PlayStation 4. It's just so much better than the Xbox One, and it was from early on, to be fair. Sony just did everything right with the PS4, except for the fact that you can't play PS3 games, whereas you can play 360 games on the Xbox One.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
thejason Avatar
thejason GB Gamer ***
keranov Avatar
keranov GB Gamer ***

Post by keranov on Apr 17, 2018 12:04:09 GMT -7

I have never played on a console so I do not know what is it like. But based on things which I have heard and videos which I have watched in Youtube, I am going to say that the best console for me is PlayStation 4. It runs games at 1080P and you can choose from many gaming tittles. I also heard that there are more exclusives for it than Xbox. Between the way, someone told me you can play games on 1080P60FPS on the latest realease of Xbox. Is it true?
empire Avatar
empire GB Gamer ***
Saints4ever Avatar
Saints4ever GB Gamer ***
Which console is the best? Posted Jun 9, 2018 18:53:23 GMT -7 via mobile

Post by Saints4ever on Jun 9, 2018 18:53:23 GMT -7

I think it depends on what you mean. Best graphics? PS4/Xbox. Basically the same games?xbox/ps4.not to mention the same type of games just under different franchises...

Unique games that are just fun to play with friends...Nintendo. Different types of gaming experiences? Nintendo.
Help is only a Bubble away...

Post by Ben the tick on Jun 10, 2018 15:36:24 GMT -7

DanthEx Avatar
I think every console has a different fan base.

Wii
= Nintendo classic fans,
Xbox = Halo, Forza, Gears of War,
PlayStation
= Infamous, KillZone, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted

Obviously there are many more but I'm just naming some of the top of my head. To boil down which one is 'best' is hard because each has it's own purpose.
Danth said it perfectly.
I find xbox has a better community, ps has better games and wii has a better something.... ;)