Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Jul 19, 2017 6:56:59 GMT -7

DanthEx Avatar
I believe it depends on the file format that the screenshot was saved with, also the game uses repeating graphics to save space. Much information on this topic can be read in a discussion here. :P
I knew about the overhead about picture formatting and the techniques game designers used to use, I just meant I didn't care to fact check that the whole games was only 41KB

megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
empire Avatar
empire GB Gamer ***

Post by empire on Sept 17, 2017 10:33:46 GMT -7

that makes me laugh that the fact that the image is bigger then the game. It's like the very old days when PC are still new and they aren't even 500MB back then and they had to make an game that is very small.

GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Dec 1, 2017 4:24:57 GMT -7

Interesting that the game is less memory than the file image is bigger in memory than the game. I would of thought it would been the other way round. In some cases, 2D Games like this are better than 3D Games. Super Mario Trivia has a retro 2D block square - effect to it, which I like.
Last edited Dec 1, 2017 4:25:35 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Dec 10, 2017 15:24:32 GMT -7

xxinfectedxx Avatar
Interesting that the game is less memory than the file image is bigger in memory than the game. I would of thought it would been the other way round. In some cases, 2D Games like this are better than 3D Games. Super Mario Trivia has a retro 2D block square - effect to it, which I like.
It's kind of a joke, the image you see is in a modern resolution, it takes up more space than the entire OG game did.

oo Avatar
oo GB Gamer ***