New Gaming System

Discussion
dadajeep Avatar
dadajeep

Post by dadajeep on Dec 4, 2016 15:09:48 GMT -7

I'm debating on buying a new system-- I've been an xbox person my whole life, but recently I was at my brothers place and he has an PS4. We were playing GTA and it was so cool, in story mode the police make their radio calls through your controller, and the lights flash red and blue when you have any star rating/ or are wanted by the police. 
I haven't had a system for 2-3 years, but what are your guys thoughts? I posted this in Playstation but open to hearing everyone's opinions on which system they prefer and why. 
demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****

kingcool52 Avatar
kingcool52 GB Newbie *

Post by kingcool52 on Aug 23, 2017 6:00:08 GMT -7

It's awesome on the PS4. Like you, I love how the controller flashes red and blue when you are being chased by the police and I love that when your phone (in-game) rings and someone talks through it, you hear it via your controller. I would suggest you get the PS4, it's a great console and has some great exclusives on it as well.
xxdriftingaway Avatar
xxdriftingaway GB Newbie *

Post by xxdriftingaway on Aug 31, 2017 19:52:10 GMT -7

The PS4 is a very good console. I have the xbox one but that is because I didn't think my purchase through and just bought the new xbox cause I had the 360 and was hoping the same games would get remade for the one. Well, that isn't the case. If I could go back, I'd have a PS4 because of the controllers and because Playstation has always been better than xbox.

I don't game online though so that may be different depending on if you game online.
DudeThatsErin everywhere. :)
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Feb 13, 2018 12:22:53 GMT -7

I have to say, the way Rockstar took advantage of some of the cool things with the PlayStation 4 controller was amazing. Like you said, when the police are chasing you, you can hear all their radio chatter through the controller. Watch Dogs 2 does the same thing actually. But what's even better is that when the police in GTA 5 are chasing you, the light bar on the controller flashes red and blue which is a nice touch. I'm not sure about the online service but the games available for the PS4 are great. It's a tough one really because it depends on your choices as well. I kind of reget not getting an Xbox One because of the fact they have Sea of Thieves.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Mar 7, 2018 5:29:18 GMT -7

The playstation has better specs than the Xbox One X, please the image here comparing the microsoft consoles to the sony. I've always been a Xbox Fan boy, the microsoft consoles have a improved online experience, your electric bill will be lower by using an Xbox, and a PS4 is more expensive.
thejason Avatar
thejason GB Gamer ***

Post by thejason on Apr 15, 2018 4:17:21 GMT -7

I don't really much about them - but it appears all the consoles have an equal number of games and equal amount of fun. Anyway, the main difference is that certain consoles have games unique to them. You know, like how Mario is only made for Nintendo.
Last edited Apr 15, 2018 4:18:28 GMT -7 by thejason
keranov Avatar
keranov GB Gamer ***
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Feb 8, 2019 7:28:28 GMT -7

I've know I have already replied with my two cents to this discussion but I wanted an update. Have you switched to the PS4? How much did you pay total with tax for the PlayStation? Have you been able to successfully sell the 360 to an fellow gamer?
Last edited Feb 8, 2019 7:29:01 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
lanbo Avatar
lanbo GB Gamer ***

Post by lanbo on Feb 8, 2019 15:29:00 GMT -7

Not to hijack the thread but my brother just got his PS4 from Wal-Mart for like $299 (+$23 tax). There were Black Friday bundles for much less though (much avowed $199 Spiderman PS4 being one).
sig