[Pokemon GO] Beginner's Guide & Locations

Guide
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Jul 7, 2016 10:31:24 GMT -7

Ok, so with the release of the game I figured it would be nice to start documenting a little bit of strategy/tips for starting out. I will append lists as comments come in
So far I have caught 3 of 3 pokemon that I've seen but apparently how you "throw" the ball matters in this game. EDIT: Some pokemon try to dodge the ball.
No wild battles, gym battles after profile Lvl 5

The servers cannot handle the sheer number of users at release, hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Tips Before Starting

Pokestops - Types of Locations to check for Pokestops

Gyms - Types of Locations to check for Gyms

Legendary Pokemon - How to Find them

Try to Comment in this ^ format if you want me to add your information to the lists.
Last edited Jul 10, 2016 21:02:37 GMT -7 by Nergal

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****
Last edited Jul 14, 2016 20:25:01 GMT -7 by Nergal

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****
Last edited Jul 14, 2016 20:24:34 GMT -7 by Nergal

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****
Last edited Jul 7, 2016 10:35:34 GMT -7 by Nergal

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****

demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****

Post by demarco on Sept 25, 2017 12:40:30 GMT -7

Legendary pokemon are now raids. Mewtwo can be achieved by defeating a raid or gym at a sprint gym nationwide. You will receive an EX Raid pass to use at a later date. Use the EX pass at your given time and sprint gym to fight and catch Mewtwo. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune are wandarers which will be changing their locations across the globe at the end of this month.

xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Dec 3, 2017 10:21:03 GMT -7

Thank you. Thank you for the helpful information about Pokestops, Legendary Pokemon etc. At first, I wanted more information about the about the game but after watching a few videos on YouTube on how to get started and reading topic, it's all been explained and made clear. Now this has all been explained and I know how to use the app, I'm thinking may go and download Pokemon Go on my phone.
Last edited Dec 3, 2017 10:24:04 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx