DiscussionQuestion
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****

Post by DanthEx on Jun 15, 2016 13:03:08 GMT -7

Peru 8K HDR 60FPS (FUHD)

Description: 

Jacob + Katie Schwarz
Published on Apr 9, 2017

We want to share with everyone how we see the world in 8K.

Peru 8K HDR explores the people and landscapes of Peru. This footage was captured in natively in 8K UHD (4320p) and 60fps resolution with the brand new Red Helium 8K Super35mm sensor. Using the most up to date technology we created this video to deliver the most realistic and cinematic experience possible today, especially when viewed in HDR!

To view at 8K 60P you'll need to use Chrome at the moment.

Shot over 2 weeks traveling all over our the beautiful country of Peru: from Lima, to the amazon in Iquitos, Cusco, Ollantaytmbo and of course the stunning Machu Picchu, Puno where we visited Lake Titicaca and then traveling further into the lake to the inner island of Taquile.

It's absolutely amazing how far we've come in such a short period of time, from black and white TV, to THIS. :| On the other hand; this world is truly a stunningly beautiful place, and we get to call it home.
source

EDIT: I've completed revamped this post with different content.
Last edited Dec 31, 2017 0:43:58 GMT -7 by DanthEx
buffalosauce Avatar
buffalosauce GB Newbie *
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Jun 21, 2016 13:12:39 GMT -7

Is it bad that I really don't (never did) see much difference between Hi Def and regular television? I can appreciate good screen resolution but the difference between hi-def and standard ON THE SAME SCREEN has always been negligible to me.

xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Dec 30, 2017 3:15:37 GMT -7

It's incredible how quickly technology is moving. It went from CRT TV's, to LCD, 3D and then finally 4K (the ultra high-defiition experience) and 4k was only introduced a few years ago. It's come a long way, and I have a television that's 4K and and I can see every detail of the video, it's stunning to watch
Last edited Dec 30, 2017 3:16:33 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Gamer ***
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
keranov Avatar
keranov GB Gamer ***
demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****

Andrew Avatar
Andrew GB Regular **

Post by Andrew on Nov 9, 2018 11:07:19 GMT -7

I got a 4k tv last year and it blows me away the quality. Now we see information on 8k (with hints of info on 16k).

My absolute thoughts on resolutions are that we (as in all the companies, of course) have been trying to achieve human-eye quality for at least a decade -- I'd venture a dare since the dawn of TVs, but I digress. I think that we have actually either gotten very close or fully achieved this milestone, and now we're hitting resolutions levels just for the marketing, monetary, or greed of it. Eventually, there'll be a point where the human eye cannot see higher than what is being produced and it won't matter if you have 10k, 50k, or 100k the eye will only see so much. That is, unless we get bionic eyes or something.

Thoughts?
Last edited Nov 9, 2018 11:08:08 GMT -7 by Andrew
Andrew
oo Avatar
oo GB Gamer ***
Saints4ever Avatar
Saints4ever GB Gamer ***

Post by Saints4ever on Nov 10, 2018 5:31:02 GMT -7

Nergal Avatar
Is it bad that I really don't (never did) see much difference between Hi Def and regular television? I can appreciate good screen resolution but the difference between hi-def and standard ON THE SAME SCREEN has always been negligible to me.

I think a lot of that comes down to the actual display. At a point it can't produce anything better than what it is capable of. I never really notice a huge difference on the same screen as well....however, if I go to a friends house or like best buy and see the same thing im like OMG what have i been missing out on!
Help is only a Bubble away...