Discussion
kenjute Avatar
kenjute GB Gamer ***
Coffee Posted Jun 15, 2016 9:33:49 GMT -7

Post by kenjute on Jun 15, 2016 9:33:49 GMT -7

To me, there is nothing better in the morning than taking that first sip of extremely hot coffee and feeling it slither all the way down your throat into your stomach. It brings me up, and sets the level for the day. Like, if I feel this good as soon as I wake up, then this is how I should feel the rest of the day. If I feel any less, it might not be something I should be doing.. 

Idk.. it might just be addiction  :D
Last edited Jun 15, 2016 9:34:07 GMT -7 by kenjute
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****
Coffee Posted Jun 15, 2016 11:36:39 GMT -7

Post by DanthEx on Jun 15, 2016 11:36:39 GMT -7

kenjute Avatar
To me, there is nothing better in the morning than taking that first sip of extremely hot coffee and feeling it slither all the way down your throat into your stomach. It brings me up, and sets the level for the day. Like, if I feel this good as soon as I wake up, then this is how I should feel the rest of the day. If I feel any less, it might not be something I should be doing.. 

I'm a big fan of coffee in the morning myself, and also the occasional one in the evening if I have a long night ahead of me :) Last year I picked up a Keurig and it's been great! I really wish they would make a reusable cup that works properly though! (I don't like tossing so many of those little plastic ones)
kenjute Avatar
kenjute GB Gamer ***
Coffee Posted Jun 15, 2016 12:03:46 GMT -7

Post by kenjute on Jun 15, 2016 12:03:46 GMT -7

DanthEx Avatar
kenjute Avatar

I'm a big fan of coffee in the morning myself, and also the occasional one in the evening if I have a long night ahead of me :) Last year I picked up a Keurig and it's been great! I really wish they would make a reusable cup that works properly though! (I don't like tossing so many of those little plastic ones)

They actually do make reusable ones.. I went and purchased one a few weeks ago..  I bought it from Home outiftters, if you have one where you live, it's worth a check. I paid $20 for mine, works like a charm. The one you'll be looking for has a gray container that you slip into the keurig itself (taking out the attachment that the pods sit in and replacing it with the gray one), and a black mesh pod for putting your coffee grounds into. I buy all my coffee grounds from the Bulk Barn, you can get many different ones for cheap as hell. I get about 15 cups of coffee for $1.50 worth of grounds.. That's about 10x as cheap.. and it helps the environment! win win :)
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****
Coffee Posted Jun 15, 2016 12:19:46 GMT -7

Post by DanthEx on Jun 15, 2016 12:19:46 GMT -7

kenjute Avatar
DanthEx Avatar
They actually do make reusable ones.. I went and purchased one a few weeks ago..  I bought it from Home outiftters, if you have one where you live, it's worth a check. I paid $20 for mine, works like a charm. The one you'll be looking for has a gray container that you slip into the keurig itself (taking out the attachment that the pods sit in and replacing it with the gray one), and a black mesh pod for putting your coffee grounds into. I buy all my coffee grounds from the Bulk Barn, you can get many different ones for cheap as hell. I get about 15 cups of coffee for $1.50 worth of grounds.. That's about 10x as cheap.. and it helps the environment! win win :)

Oh really? I heard they just released new ones but I haven't seen them, I will be getting this with absolute certainty. The ones I have are garbage, the coffee grinds get into your cup and it's such a hassle to make a single cup. Thanks for sharing! ::)
allenafaith Avatar
allenafaith GB Regular **
Coffee Posted Jun 16, 2016 17:18:41 GMT -7

Post by allenafaith on Jun 16, 2016 17:18:41 GMT -7

I like coffee but I have to have A TON of sugar and milk in it for me to drink it. I also like french vanilla creamer and will take that over milk any day...as long as it's liquid and not powder.
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

kenjute Avatar
kenjute GB Gamer ***
Coffee Posted Jun 18, 2016 10:25:03 GMT -7

Post by kenjute on Jun 18, 2016 10:25:03 GMT -7

allenafaith Avatar
I like coffee but I have to have A TON of sugar and milk in it for me to drink it. I also like french vanilla creamer and will take that over milk any day...as long as it's liquid and not powder.
Ahh.. you prefer candy huh? ;D
My dad will buy a medium triple triple from Tim Hortons.. I don't even understand how it's possible to drink such a sweet coffee.. It takes the taste away from the beans.. I put very little amounts of cream and sugar in mine... Just enough to take the bitterness down a level.. Though I can easily drink it black, but it's got to be a bean that I truly love, like Starbucks Blonde roast, or some flavoured ones.. I have been enjoying salted caramel, Toffee Brownie explosion.. German chocolate cake.. All these great beans from the bulk barn that I get insanely cheap.. It's great.

kenjute Avatar
kenjute GB Gamer ***
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****
Coffee Posted Jun 18, 2016 18:38:45 GMT -7

Post by Nergal on Jun 18, 2016 18:38:45 GMT -7

kenjute Avatar
Nergal Avatar
Personally I prefer tea to coffee.
You are a refined drinker.. I love tea. I usually only have it in the evening or if I'm spending time at my grandmothers.. I prefer herbal tea.
Ever make your own?
Fresh rose petals, a little jasmine or lavender, less than a teaspoon of 3 parts cinnamon to 1 part nutmeg.
My IRL herblore xp is 200million already.

(I don't do this often because it's a pain to find good rose petals to use as a base, only when I'm being fancy)
Last edited Jun 18, 2016 18:40:15 GMT -7 by Nergal

pnutty4eva Avatar
pnutty4eva GB Regular **
Coffee Posted Jul 1, 2016 9:18:20 GMT -7

Post by pnutty4eva on Jul 1, 2016 9:18:20 GMT -7

I used to hate coffee, could not add enough milk or sugar or cream to make it taste acceptable. Then.......I discovered a way to satisfy my chocolate wishes with coffee: two spoonfulls of hot chocolate mix (no sugar added) into hot cup of coffee with liquid creamer added... Yum, and that is how I now start my day.
goldakasha Avatar
goldakasha GB Regular **
kenjute Avatar
kenjute GB Gamer ***
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****
Last edited Sept 14, 2016 22:05:09 GMT -7 by Nergal

sugarsnappys Avatar
sugarsnappys GB Newbie *