Mario Kart

DiscussionNintendo
hissae2 Avatar
hissae2 GB Newbie *
Mario Kart Posted Apr 28, 2016 13:13:19 GMT -7

Post by hissae2 on Apr 28, 2016 13:13:19 GMT -7

Has anyone played any of the games in the Mario Kart series? Which is your favourite?

I have played a few of them and my favourite is Mario Kart Wii. It was the first one I had which you could play online, and I spent a huge amount of time on it. For that reason I think it will always be my favourite. What about you?
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****
Mario Kart Posted Apr 28, 2016 14:25:15 GMT -7

Post by DanthEx on Apr 28, 2016 14:25:15 GMT -7

I've played Super Mario Kart way back when, now I have Mario Kart Racing 8 for the Wii U, it's a ton of fun! Unfortunately for some reason I lose connection to the Nintendo network quite often and it tends to deter me from playing much.
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

playball Avatar
playball GB Newbie *

Post by playball on May 2, 2016 9:38:44 GMT -7

Mario Kart 8 hands down! I have so much fun playing this game and I love playing in the online modes even though I get my butt whooped most of the time! It's a really fun game to play and I can't believe how fast time flies by when I do play it!
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****
Mario Kart Posted May 2, 2016 10:56:34 GMT -7

Post by DanthEx on May 2, 2016 10:56:34 GMT -7

playball Avatar
Mario Kart 8 hands down! I have so much fun playing this game and I love playing in the online modes even though I get my butt whooped most of the time! It's a really fun game to play and I can't believe how fast time flies by when I do play it!

So I'm assuming Rainbow Road isn't one of your most-preferred maps? (rofl)
Last edited May 2, 2016 10:59:20 GMT -7 by DanthEx
D-Pad Doc Avatar
D-Pad Doc GB Newbie *
Mario Kart Posted Jun 8, 2016 23:13:55 GMT -7

Post by D-Pad Doc on Jun 8, 2016 23:13:55 GMT -7

I've played several throughout my years of gaming, namely Mario Kart 64 (rented it when I was a wee lad), Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8 in particular.

My fave out of the ones I played thus far would be Mario Kart Wii. I have fond memories acing all the cups with three stars in each one (even the Mirror cups if I remember correctly) as well as acing the time trials and Staff Ghosts back in my high school years.
demonskeith Avatar
demonskeith GB Newbie *
Mario Kart Posted Jun 9, 2016 22:29:33 GMT -7

Post by demonskeith on Jun 9, 2016 22:29:33 GMT -7

I've played the series up to the N64 version, after that I never really picked it up since my brothers moved out and didn't have anyone to play with. And by that time gaming was becoming too complicated for the folks.
empire Avatar
empire GB Gamer ***
Mario Kart Posted Sept 5, 2017 6:24:14 GMT -7

Post by empire on Sept 5, 2017 6:24:14 GMT -7

I played it some time ago (can't remember) with some two other guys that I just meet from twitch. It was old and it's alright at the time but It's not my thing. And It wasn't using the Nintendo system.
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
Mario Kart Posted Sept 5, 2017 12:39:00 GMT -7

Post by megannatasha on Sept 5, 2017 12:39:00 GMT -7

I love Mario Kart racing, from the older versions to the newer ones! :) It's a very competitive game with tons of twists, there is no better feeling than taking the 1st placed player out only to take their spot @ the end of the race. :P
jennyoralice Avatar
jennyoralice GB Newbie *
Mario Kart Posted Nov 19, 2017 16:01:55 GMT -7

Post by jennyoralice on Nov 19, 2017 16:01:55 GMT -7

I love the Mario Kart series. "Mario Kart : Double Dash" for the Nintendo GameCube is my favorite one of the series but I haven't played a Mario Kart game that I didn't like. Mario Kart is one of those games that I've enjoyed playing the most with my brothers. I have lots of fond memories of playing that game with my brothers.
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Mar 1, 2018 4:29:59 GMT -7

There are various series of Mario Kart but the only version of the game I've actually ended up playing is the Wii video game. This was back when I was a Wii Addict. My favourite character was and is still Bowser
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****
Mario Kart Posted Mar 1, 2018 10:38:41 GMT -7

Post by GamingLyfe on Mar 1, 2018 10:38:41 GMT -7

Mario Kart is amazing. Seriously, who hasn't played this?? It's literally the first real competitive game that comes to mind. It's an extremely intense experience while playing for 1st Vs a group of friends. It allows for a great battle while racing, anyone has a chance to strike lucky with a shell and take the head of the line. I hope Mario Kart Racing continues with new releases so the next generation(s) can enjoy the game as much as I have. The nice thing about GamingBoards is that you can always find someone willing to play a game with you if you're a regular around the community and know who to ask for what.
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
InMyOpinion Avatar
InMyOpinion GB Newbie *
Mario Kart Posted Apr 13, 2018 2:54:57 GMT -7

Post by InMyOpinion on Apr 13, 2018 2:54:57 GMT -7

I love love love Mario Kart! I've played Mario Kart for different systems and find them all very fun. Though as for my favourite it would have to be N64. I grew up playing that game and there aren't a lot of good memories I have from my childhood but playing Mario Kart is definitely one of them! I remember my rents, my brother and I would play Mario Kart on N64 and it was pretty fun and entertaining.

Now, my boyfriend and I play and it's still a lot of fun! Though I do enjoy Mario Kart for other systems N64 is still my favourite console for Mario Kart.
thejason Avatar
thejason GB Gamer ***
Mario Kart Posted Apr 15, 2018 3:14:45 GMT -7

Post by thejason on Apr 15, 2018 3:14:45 GMT -7

I played the Wii Mario Kart and loved it. Nonetheless, I cannot really say if the other versions (for other consoles) are worse. In fact, I'd say they're all good. Is that an honest assessment?
antonline Avatar
antonline GB Regular **
Mario Kart Posted Jul 24, 2018 20:46:20 GMT -7

Post by antonline on Jul 24, 2018 20:46:20 GMT -7

My friends and I play Mario Kart all the time and even place bets on each other for fun :) I've been playing since the early Nintendo devices.