Ultima Online

Discussion
meowsepad Avatar
meowsepad GB Newbie *

Post by meowsepad on Apr 19, 2016 15:16:43 GMT -7

I can't believe I see an old school game forum without a thread for Ultima Online!

Ultima Online was the first major MMORPG. I have many fond memories of playing it as a little kid. It had very few rules, adding a strong element of risk to the game. In my opinion, risk is something that is missing from newer MMORPGs. If you died in Ultima Online, you could potentially lose everything you had in the game! The risk, in my opinion, made the game more exciting.

DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****

Post by DanthEx on Apr 19, 2016 16:12:59 GMT -7

meowsepad Avatar
I can't believe I see an old school game forum without a thread for Ultima Online!

Ultima Online was the first major MMORPG. I have many fond memories of playing it as a little kid. It had very few rules, adding a strong element of risk to the game. In my opinion, risk is something that is missing from newer MMORPGs. If you died in Ultima Online, you could potentially lose everything you had in the game! The risk, in my opinion, made the game more exciting.

Interesting ...

I've never heard of this game 'Ultima Oline', however, after viewing some screenshots and watching a couple of videos; it looks shockingly similar to RuneScape Classic.
These games seem to be fun with their mechanics and content, although not so visually appealing, it's not meant for that. More of an 'addicting game' if you will.

I also enjoy the thrill of a game with risk. It keeps your attention and you realize the circumstances of death so you tend to get that eerie feeling that makes the game all the more fun.

Random Video(pulled from YouTube)

Last edited Apr 19, 2016 16:13:45 GMT -7 by DanthEx
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Mar 14, 2018 4:44:36 GMT -7

The game is old school. It's so old and outdated, it's got too much strategy in the video game which makes Ultimaa to complicated to play. You have to pay to get past the account administration, this is why I don't play Ultima Online!